PDA

View Full Version : bundling tens and twenties-- how many?

lisas3575
02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Can anyone tell me how many tens and twenties to a bundle for my deposit? I vaguely remember that ones get bundled/paperclipped in groups of 25...

sneezles
02-22-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm pretty sure the ones are in bundles of fifty. Everything else is stacked with 100 pieces...at least that's how I remember...but I don't remember it being required to make a deposit since the bundles will be broken and recounted by the teller.

lindrusso
02-22-2007, 06:06 PM
If you're doing a bank deposit, I wouldn't bother bundling - as Sneezles said, they'll break them and count them anyway. This is true for coins too - they just throw it all in a big coin machine that counts it for them.

But, in banks, ones are in groups of 50. Not sure about 10s and 20s.

lisas3575
02-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks. :)

jem927
02-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Having worked for a bank for way too many years while I was in college, we always appreciated people bundling their bills - even if we had to pull them out and recount.

Everything is still pretty much in counts of 50 so...

$5's - bundle of $250
$10's - bundle of $500
$20's - bundle of $1,000

Every year I handle the money for my mother's church fundraiser, and the tellers are always happy to see the money neatly bundled, labeled, etc. It really does make their job much easier.

Hope this helps!

Jamie

lindrusso
02-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Having worked for a bank for way too many years while I was in college, we always appreciated people bundling their bills - even if we had to pull them out and recount.

That's good to know.

I do always make sure to separate everything and have all the bills facing the same way. A throw back to working in retail. I also have to organize my wallet the same way. ;)

Kristena
02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
I say it depends on your bank. When I worked in a restaurant, eons ago, we bundled into stacks of 20. 20-$5 = 100. But now for the school PTA, 20 miles away, different county we bundled things into 25s for the bank.

Call your bank and ask them.

aggie94
02-22-2007, 09:08 PM
What kind of "side gig" have you picked up that you are needing to bundle large quantities of cash for deposit?? ;) :p

jem927
02-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Yes, we did like having all the bills facing one direction. And now, no-one does that.

Do you know why we liked them faced the same direction?

I'll post the reason tomorrow morning.

Jamie

lisas3575
02-22-2007, 09:35 PM
What kind of "side gig" have you picked up that you are needing to bundle large quantities of cash for deposit?? ;) :p

I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you. ;)

sneezles
02-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes, we did like having all the bills facing one direction. And now, no-one does that.

Jamie

I still do that! Drives me crazy when DH would just pile 'em up!

honeygirl1971
02-23-2007, 03:28 AM

That's what I was wondering. ;) Here's hoping it's very successful and you have to decide between bunding your twenties in packs of 50 or 100. :D ;)

cchhbb
02-23-2007, 04:27 AM
[/QUOTE]

Every year I handle the money for my mother's church fundraiser, and the tellers are always happy to see the money neatly bundled, labeled, etc. It really does make their job much easier.

Hope this helps!

Jamie[/QUOTE]

Jamie, You don't want to come help me count money next weekend at my church fundraiser in Dunwoody do you? :D

Just Kidding. Cheryl

jem927
02-23-2007, 07:46 AM

I still turn all my bills the same direction - old habits die hard I guess.

As for the reasons we turned the bills one direction.....

One - we were taught to count bills by the faces, NOT by the corners. People would cut or photocopy $20s or $50s and paste the corners on $1 bills, but wouldn't paste over the faces. So, if you counted by the corners, you would count it as a $20, not as a $1 which it was. It was amazing the things that people would do to counterfeit.

Two - the detailing of the face was a good indicator of whether the bill was real or fake. The detail of the face (depth of the picture, markings, etc) made it wasy to pick fake bills.

I guess with the development of laser copiers and printers, these aren't such great methods for detecting fakes, but at the time it worked.

Anyway, more useless knowledge for when I make it to Jeopardy! ;-)

Have a good Friday!

Jamie

Chefzhat
02-23-2007, 07:55 AM

Inquiring minds want to know. :p :D