PDA

View Full Version : Good Cook 50% Off Sale?

Barrie
03-29-2007, 01:13 PM
The other day I got in the mail my monthly selection card. I believe I threw away the mini catalog that they enclose w/ the card each month. Does anyone still have it? On p. 30 there is an offer for all books 50% off. I passed on it at the time, but today I got an email from them advertising free shipping on purchases of $25+. Now I'm wondering if I can combine the 50% off sale w/ the free shipping, and I don't know if I need a promo code or something to be eligibile for the 50% off. When I log in on their website, they are promoting the free shipping but nothing about the 50% off.

TIA.

Gecko
03-29-2007, 01:20 PM
Gosh, mine just went out in the trash on Tuesday night. I had a look and could only see a few that were listed at 50% off in the "web only clearance" section. I do remember that sometimes you have to actually put an item in your cart before it will show the discount. Can you remember any of the titles you were interested in and we could try that?

Barrie
03-29-2007, 03:14 PM
thanks, I will try putting them in my shopping cart and see what happens. My monthly selection card says at the top "All books 50% off - see page 30 for details," so it is their entire library, not just clearance books.

gabbyh
03-29-2007, 07:46 PM
It's Free Shipping on the web, and 50% off by mail....no combining the deals ;-{

~Gail

Gecko
03-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Another question about the Good Cook Bookclub - has anyone else had books arrive damaged? My replacement book arrived today, and you guessed it, it is once again damaged. I just find that the packaging does not protect the books. I emailed them and told them that bubble wrap was their friend and they should try it. In fairness they did send me a label to ship the first book back, but it arrived in a large box (with other books I had ordered - thankfully none too badly damaged) so I had to find a smaller one to ship it back and make a trip to the post office to send it on its way. Now I am faced with the same problem again. I am reconsidering whether it is worth it or not.

Barrie
03-29-2007, 10:52 PM
It's Free Shipping on the web, and 50% off by mail....no combining the deals ;-{

~Gail

Well that hardly seems fair! :( I guess I will wait for the next good sale. Thanks for the info.

Gecko
03-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Well that hardly seems fair! :( I guess I will wait for the next good sale. Thanks for the info.

Are you on their email list? They sometimes send pretty good sales to me via my email address. My last order was from a 50% off each book and $1.99 total shipping on the order offer via email.

Barrie
03-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Are you on their email list? They sometimes send pretty good sales to me via my email address. My last order was from a 50% off each book and $1.99 total shipping on the order offer via email.

Yes, I am on their email list -- that's how I found out about the free shipping offer. You may already know this, but you don't have to make special trips to the post office anymore. On their website, you can request a free carrier pickup from your home, work, anywhere. It is a wonderful service that I use frequently. https://carrierpickup.usps.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CarrierPickup.woa

Gecko
03-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Yes, I am on their email list -- that's how I found out about the free shipping offer. You may already know this, but you don't have to make special trips to the post office anymore. On their website, you can request a free carrier pickup from your home, work, anywhere. It is a wonderful service that I use frequently. https://carrierpickup.usps.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CarrierPickup.woa

I didn't know this, thanks for letting me know. It would have been handy had they mentioned it to me when they advised they were sending out the mailing return label :rolleyes: