PDA

View Full Version : A Man Among Wolves

KristiB
04-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Did anyone else catch this documentary on the National Geographic Channel?

This guy gave up his family and home to live with a pack of wolves, as a wolf and as the dominant male wolf!

He snarls and growls and dines on carcasses with them. He speaks "wolf".

Anyway he has no scientific training and thinks he can help humans and wolves co-exist.

I wonder if this guy is going to be the next Timothy Treadwell(Grizzly Man). He does say as an alpha male the others will eventually turn on him.

You can see the trailer HERE (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/manamongwolves/video_preview_1.html)

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/manamongwolves/images/gallery_snarling_at_wolves.jpg

I checked TiVo and they're rerunning it friday night and some other times.

Lrimerman
04-18-2007, 03:35 PM
I caught the tail end of it when DH was watching. Was pretty interesting, but didn't see what caused him to start living with the wolves in the beginning of the show.

Wonder why with that much experience he doesn't find a career with something to do with that? (or maybe he did and I misunderstood the intent of the show).

Lisa

Robyncz
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks for posting this. I had heard about it, but then it slipped my mind. I've now set my DVR to record it when it replays on Friday!

KristiB
04-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I caught the tail end of it when DH was watching. Was pretty interesting, but didn't see what caused him to start living with the wolves in the beginning of the show.

Wonder why with that much experience he doesn't find a career with something to do with that? (or maybe he did and I misunderstood the intent of the show).

Lisa

He loves wolves, wants to be a wolf and run with the wolves in the wild.

He said his family couldn't deal with his obsession and moved on. It was never really explained but he says he gave up his family so I assumed there's no contact.

The pack he lives with now are in a zoo type atmosphere but he wants to set them free somewhere like Yellowstone. I think the Park Department might frown on him releasing himself into the wild though.

I see the point in studying them. He did come up with a potential method for keeping them away from farm animals but it could have been done without acting like a wolf.