PDA

View Full Version : Friday/Memorial Day klatch

Deechef
05-25-2007, 01:53 PM
I got home from work expecting to enjoy vicariously everyone's weekend plans :eek:

OK..........I'll go first.

Today is the first hot day we've had and I am enjoying every minute. DBF coming over this evening and we are gong to the driving range. Perfect evening to hit balls.

Tomorrow I play golf bright and early and then will tackle my yard in the afternoon. I still have some annuals to plant and am hoping to find some yellow Marguerites.

Sunday is Church and then out with a friend to buy her a shrub in memory of her husband who died recently. I think I will take her out to lunch also.

Monday more golf/yardwork and then a cookout with my daughter, her SO and the baby.

Hope you all have a glorious weekend and hope the weather is good wherever you live.

PAMMELA
05-25-2007, 02:23 PM
We have a foundation repair company coming to look at an area in our living room slab where we haven't been able to figure out where a leak is coming from.

Then we are going to have a beer at our local sportsbar hang (because the weather here precludes us drinking a beer from our back yard keg unfortunately!).

Tomorrow we are heading to Lake Texoma to go look at a Dockominimum that we hope we can make an offer on! We've been here in Texas now since July but still have our boat in storage, and this seems perfect for us and also in the right price range!

Sunday we will be going to the Rangers/Red Sox game that I just now won tickets for through work! Includes free parking, woohoo!!!

Monday we are doing probably absolutely nothing, just the way I like it. I should be able to catch up on my TIVO'd shows...still have to watch the Lost finale!

DmOrtega
05-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Today is the first hot day we've had and I am enjoying every minute. DBF coming over this evening and we are gong to the driving range. Perfect evening to hit balls.

Sunday is Church and then out with a friend to buy her a shrub in memory of her husband who died recently. I think I will take her out to lunch also.

My kids love go to the driving range. I think I may suggest that they do that with their dad this weekend.

My df passed right before this last Christmas. We were very disjointed over the holidays and I didn't bring out anything to decorate. I did buy a small evergreen tree as our living Christmas tree. It was really small, like 2 feet tall. My ds said that he couldn't see the tree over the presents. :p

It is the same kind of tree that was in my df's front yard for as long as I can remember. If I remember correctly, theirs was a gift from their now deceased son, years ago. I remember just looking at that little tree and I knew that we would be planting it in the back where we could always see it. It is our memorial tree. It hasn't been planted yet but now that you bring this up I feel it is time. :)

I plan on decorating this little tiny tree each Christmas for the birds with strings of fruit and berries. I will be looking for a very special star to put onto the top. The street fairs are a great place to find neat artsy treasures and there will be plenty going on this weekend.

I hope to finish our patio this weekend. It rained so hard last weekend we never got outside to work but this weekend is looking much better weather wise.

LakeMartinGal
05-25-2007, 03:40 PM
I hope that means that everyone has started their fun weekend early!:D

Our plans are pretty much the same as always, as long as the AC repairman really does come... it's 85 in here!:(

The lake is warm, and I plan to spend a good part of the weekend in it! The dogs will love that! Maybe, we'll even go out on our boat, now that it's fixed... although we'd rather do that during the week, when the only folks on the lake are full-time residents...

We'll selfishly hope for rain, but none is predicted...

OTOH, I may stay in and eat peaches all weekend!:D

What is a dockominium?