PDA

View Full Version : Big Bad Voo Doo Daddy

pointerhaven
06-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Does anyone else know of this Band? We saw them last night at Groovin in the Garden, an open air concert at the Botanical Gardens. VERY NICE! Swing Sounds, Cab Calloway and old stuff, fun to dance too and the crowd was nice too, no DRUNK kids, or there were some people who were feeling good, but nothing like the other concerts we've been too lately. True restrooms in the garden house and the catering was nice, beer and wine served. It was a beautiful night with a full moon and lovely weather, plus we had time to walk thru some of the garden before the concert headliner, with the first band's music drifting around the garden. LOVELY!!! And most of the women dressed in summer dresses, I was ok, but under dressed in my capris and sleeveless shirt....Folding chairs and my sandles off with my toes in the grass. My favorite song they played was "I want to be like You", from the Jungle Book..It was hillarious, with alot of people singing along, me included!!!

Next week is a Beatles Sound Band!

erinl
06-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Love them! They were heavily played at our wedding reception because DH and I took swing dancing lessons while dating. And if you haven't seen the movie Swingers, I highly recommend it.

re121258
06-01-2007, 05:13 PM
We have a couple of their CD's. Saw them a few years ago in Atlantic City. Fun show.

badunnin
06-01-2007, 05:41 PM
BBVD has been around forever. A college roommate of mine dated one of the band members. Nice guys.

Puppylove
06-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Love 'em. You might also enjoy the Brian Setzer Orchestra. Same sound

badunnin
06-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Love 'em. You might also enjoy the Brian Setzer Orchestra. Same sound

Others are Squirrel Nut Zippers, Cherry Poppin' Daddies and Royal Crown Revue. A little deeper into the genre and you'll find Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers.

colleency
06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
I don't like Cherry Poppin' Daddies so much. They sound like they don't really mean their songs, like they're playing by formula. Love the others, though.

KimKelly
06-01-2007, 11:19 PM
I've never heard of them... but DH is in a really grumpy mood and it did make me think of him!! ;)