PDA

View Full Version : Group Hug

Chefzhat
07-21-2007, 05:47 AM
Gather round - I need it. I've been having eyesight issues since March and have been struggling with swiftly altering prescriptions - 4 new eyeglass/contact scripts in 3 months. Long story, but it seems that my eyesight has finally stabilized and I am now waiting for my 4th (and final, I hope) prescription eyewear/contact lenses to arrive.

I've travelled all over (outwest, Europe) with limited eyesight, and attempted to drive and keep my life pretty normal during this time - but the headaches and nausea are overwhelming sometimes. It's hard because now I know that a new scrip is coming soon but I woke up again today with a giant headache. I just know that by the end of the day I'm be feeling crummy and will be doing the usual soda crackers and tea routine.

Sigh. I'm just hoping that the new scrip arrives very, very soon. I'd love to be able to enjoy the rest of the summer here at the lake. I'd love to be able to go to my interview next week knowing that I'll be able to commit to a job w/o having to continue to deal with erratic vision.

Pity party - wanna join me????:D

Debie

cumulus
07-21-2007, 05:52 AM
((((((((HUGS)))))))))

I despise eye doctors, and feel you pain. I get migraines when I wear my contacts too long, or if my prescription is overdue. Arg! Hope you fell better soon, and the new scrip works!

I have a pity story much less significant...but it's my birthday this week, and DBF can't make it up to visit (he's 4 hours away) this weekend, OR next weekend. Soooo stupid, and I'm really just pulling the birthday card so that there is a reason he should be here beyond just wanted to see me. Long distance relationships absolutely blow.

stefania4
07-21-2007, 05:55 AM
Big hugs to you, and prayers for your healing -

Stephanie

ClaraB
07-21-2007, 05:57 AM
Debie, I'm so sorry you've been going through this. (((((hug)))))

Has your doctor given you any reason why your vision is changing so much?

Chefzhat
07-21-2007, 06:07 AM
Oh, yeah - there's lots of reasons. A trauma to the head, hard contact lenses created grooves in the cornea, resulting infection, switch to soft lenses, and then the natural process of cornea reshaping after years of hard lenses.

I just re-read my OP - sorry for the big whine. Not what I meant to do, I just wanted to piss and moan. I HATE headaches!

Debie

breadmama
07-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Debie, I am sorry this is troubling you now. What a pain (literally and figuratively!) I hope things settle down soon. I just went back to my eye doctor and told them to take out the prism that they said I needed in my new glasses - I hate the way it makes me feel - and the headaches were a pain! I have been wearing the old glasses (which I like, but the rx is too strong) because the new ones were too weird. Now I just need to get used to the "new" new ones.

Congratulations on your job interview - I hope it goes really well. What is the position? I am sure you will wow them with your enthusiasm and general excellence! :D

Take care-

Robyn1007
07-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Oh, Debie, what a pain in the arse! I hope things start to settle down very soon and good luck with the interview! (((Debie)))

Kayaksoup
07-21-2007, 07:59 AM
((hugs)) Debie, a am so sorry you have been struggling with this.
Cumulus, I am sorry its so hard for you and DBF to get together... can't imagine having a long distance relationship.
My pity party? I slipped on a wet patch at work yesterday and popped my knee violently. I got sent home from work early and I am working a job on Vancouver island today and my knee is very sore and stiff but I have to suck it up and go to work.

wallycat
07-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Debie,
I'm sorry you are dealing with this.
Health crap is a pain....isn't it :(

Is your Rx changing in both eyes or just one?
This happened to me a few years ago and I went to a second optometrist who was so good...he checked my eye (mine was just in my right eye) and said I had punctate keratitis. He gave me some drops to use for a week and it has never come back. My Rx stabilized right away.
http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec20/ch230/ch230b.html

I never had any of the symptoms listed in Merck. If my eye doc hadn't told me (and my Rx kept changing), I'd never know I had it. I wasn't on any meds either.

Best to you and hopefully this will resolve quickly.

HUGS!

tidee
07-21-2007, 08:08 AM
i feel for you. i had my prescription change suddenly one year. wow! turrible. i'm wondering if it isn't again. i have no-line bifocals and right now i fidget with them a lot trying to see. i would hate to loose my eyesight.

so here's hugs and prayers to you that it gets straightened out quick.

Cookin4Love
07-21-2007, 09:19 AM
(((Debie))) Sorry you're going through this. Feeling bad every day is frustrating, especially when it comes out of nowhere and won't let go. I know what a high-energy person you are, so you have to be chomping at the bit after this long of not feeling well. And it's okay to piss and moan--you have every right. Good luck on the job interview. And if it doesn't go so well...I still need a fifth grade teacher! And two special ed teachers. :)

Romandub
07-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Debie--just joining in the group hug. I have had my own issues lately with vision and know how frustrating it can be. Really, why does it have to be a choice between seing well in the distance or up close. Can't I have both!! Grrr.....hang in there!

HejazSunKat
07-21-2007, 10:30 AM
(((Debie))) - So sorry you're dealing with this and I hope they've finally gotten a handle on it. I had some eye issues when we were living in Saudi Arabia and not only was I dealing with a medical issue I was dealing with a foreign medical system. Since I wasn't allowed to drive DH had to take me to all my medical appointments and the doctors would always talk TO HIM because, with my limited female mental capacity of course I was too addled to understand. Sounds funny when I look back on it but it was annoying then. One of the docs insisted I had something called blepharitis though curiously when I got home and saw my own doc she saw no evidence of it. I think it was the extreme climate that was causing my problems because it went away after we repatriated. Maybe my body was trying to tell me it was time to come home. Feel better!!

LakeMartinGal
07-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Debie, consider yourself hugged!:D Whines are acceptable, whether you meant them or not, considering what you're dealing with!;) I've done a few, myself... and eyesight problems really stink!

Have a great weekend at the lake (from the klatch thread) and enjoy the time with just you and Rob!:D

Chefzhat
07-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Romandub - I KNOW! I was telling my DH, "I'm not asking too much, am I? I'd just like to be able to see clearly!" Not blurry. Oy.

Wallycat - health issues do stink. I am sending a hug back to you!

Kayaksoup - ouch!! Take it easy today. Don't do any more damage.

Thanks for all the hugs - I appreciate it.

KristiB
07-21-2007, 11:07 AM
adding my hug and wishing you better vision soon! :)

CindyWeightWatcher
07-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear about this....keep us posted.;)

Wendy w
07-23-2007, 07:56 PM
system[/I]. Since I wasn't allowed to drive DH had to take me to all my medical appointments and the doctors would always talk TO HIM because, with my limited female mental capacity of course I was too addled to understand.

Yikes! I can't comprehend the frustration that you endured. Debie, get better soon. I've been kind of annoyed with my own visual issues as well. I am getting increasingly dependent on my glasses (I refer to them as buyfucals) and the eye doc told me that I am on the verge of not passing the driving test without them and that my vision has declined a lot within the past year. I'm getting contacts next year and have been kvetching about it, but compared to you, my situation is purely superficial vanity.

Linda take care of that leg. You will be needing it very soon. ;)

memartha
07-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Debie,

Sorry to hear about what's going on. I hope you get some resolution soon.

Martha

tyroleancutie
07-24-2007, 11:58 AM
{{{{{ A BIG HUG FOR EVERYONE WHO NEEDS IT RIGHT NOW}}}}}

I just got another "NO" from a Landlord this morning. Why is so hard to find a decent place that allows dogs and cats in this city? And above all, I am PMSing and want a slice of pizza. But no pizza for me because there is Gluten & Dairy in it :mad:

Canice
07-24-2007, 12:13 PM
{{{{{ A BIG HUG FOR EVERYONE WHO NEEDS IT RIGHT NOW}}}}}

Indeed! To those who've posted and to those haven't.

Dani, have you considered creating pet résumés?
http://www.sfspca.org/opendoor/petresume.shtml

VALERIEA234
07-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Hugs And A Fews Prayers Also.
V.