PDA

View Full Version : There's a doe laying on my front lawn!

LakeMartinGal
08-21-2007, 12:49 PM
And the big, bad golden retriever watchdogs :rolleyes: are in the house, totally ignoring her! It's unusual to see them just lay down on the grass, but she's in a nice shady spot, and appears to be ok... That's fun!:D :cool:

Chefzhat
08-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Aren't they sweet?? We live in the woods so I have deer in my yard all the time. My landscape is the worse for wear for it. :( Oh well.

Take a pic!

Hammster
08-21-2007, 01:17 PM
Very cool. Where's the picture???
I guess your doggies are being watchdogs. They are just watching. LOL.

Chefzhat
08-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Is it creepy that I'm browning venison on the stove right now for chili? :D

bobmark226
08-21-2007, 01:19 PM
As long as she's on your front lawn, Kay, and not munching my Twilight Echinacea, fine, enjoy! :)

Bob

scout1222
08-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Is it creepy that I'm browning venison on the stove right now for chili? :D

No, but it would be creepy if the OP was!

badunnin
08-21-2007, 02:43 PM
No, but it would be creepy if the OP was!

The doe's nose pressed to the window, wondering if it was her long lost sister/brother there in the pot....

Robyn1007
08-21-2007, 02:50 PM
The doe's nose pressed to the window, wondering if it was her long lost sister/brother there in the pot....

Okay, that's just sick! :p :D

Chefzhat
08-21-2007, 02:53 PM

bwahhahahahaha- warn a gal willya? I'm drinking ice tea here!

LakeMartinGal
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Aren't they sweet?? We live in the woods so I have deer in my yard all the time. My landscape is the worse for wear for it. :( Oh well.

Take a pic!Wish I could have taken a pic.:o .. my phone camera doesn't connect to anything but the phone, and DH has the digital camera!

She stayed about 1/2 hour, then got up and licked herself -- she was very thin, and I think a nursing mom. She ate a little grass and went on her way... as she got up, the 'watchdogs' finally saw her! I had fun watching, but probably would have been a little upset if she'd been eating anything valuable!

Just a fun thing to happen today! Thanks for sharing it with me, you sick folks cooking venison!:D (Just kidding about the sick part... thought it was funny!);)

Chefzhat
08-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Your deer have fawns down there right now? Here in Michigan we're past that phase - the doe are out batting their eyelashes at bucks in preparation for mating season!

little_bopeep
08-21-2007, 07:34 PM
I am SUCH a doof!! When I first read this post, I was thinking, "Why is she posting about seeing a dog on her lawn (unless it was a particularly awesome dog :D )?" And then the talk about fawns and eating landscape and chili just soared over my head. :p :p :p

TKay
08-22-2007, 12:34 AM
I thought it said dog at first too. :p Of course, that would be far more common around here. I usually shout out to the kids if there's a squirrel in a park ("Look, boys, look! A squirrel!").

LakeMartinGal
08-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Your deer have fawns down there right now? Here in Michigan we're past that phase - the doe are out batting their eyelashes at bucks in preparation for mating season!Yes! About 1/2 hour after she left, the dogs started barking, and I saw a wee fawn, still spotted and about the size of a golden retriever, munching up a little grass... hope they got back together!:)

Chefzhat
08-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Oh, trust me - they stay pretty close together.

I love fawn season here. We always have a doe and fawn. So cute.