PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans - Any tropical storms?

armel
09-02-2007, 08:48 PM
So I haven't seen anything on the news recently. I'll be in New Orleans Friday. For a week long Mississippi river cruise. And of course I now realize this is hurricane season. Although it will be nice to leave this heat behind . . . I'm hoping I'm not heading towards something like a tropical storm. I try to check the weather online. It talks about a chance of thunderstorms and showers but that is all.

Is there anything else heading that way?

Jazzmatazz49
09-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Go to weather.com or any news website to keep up with hurricanes. Right now there's nothing in the Gulf.

charley
09-02-2007, 09:10 PM
If Hurricane Felix (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/)stays on the current projected path you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

cumulus
09-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Nothing on the horizon. Felix should stay south.

BEST resource for hurricane information is the National Hurricane Center (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov).

manetta
09-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Leave the heat behind? Have you ever been to New Orleans at this time of year? ;)

Jazzmatazz49
09-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Leave the heat behind? Have you ever been to New Orleans at this time of year? ;)

I wasn't going to say anything about that. Or the humidity. :p

armel
09-03-2007, 12:10 PM
And here I was worried that I would pack all my warm weather clothes and end up freezing. :D

Thanks for the sites. I haven't had a real vacation for too many years to count and was hoping nothing bad weather-wise was headed that way.

Do you think umbrellas/rain coat is necessary?

armel
09-06-2007, 12:33 AM
So I am all packed except for coat or jacket or umbrella. The forecast looks like highs around 89. lows around 75. and a pretty good chance of rain on different days.

What do you recommend I bring? rain coat? windbreaker? umbrella? I don't want to schlepp the wrong thing. But not sure what I will really need. If it is raining will it be cold? or will it be muggy?

I am on a Mississippi river cruise. But each day we stop for shore excursions. So we will be outside during those times. Unless they get cancelled.

TIA.

Jazzmatazz49
09-06-2007, 05:55 AM
I never see anyone with raincoats in Louisiana, probably because it would be too stifling. A small folding umbrella would be fine. Have fun! It has been a little cooler this past week. But yes, it will be muggy. Very muggy.

charley
09-06-2007, 09:51 AM
It's summer which means afternoon thundershowers are always a possibility in southern Louisiana. No need for a jacket, but maybe a light sweater for places where the a/c is set too low.