PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got Nutter Butter Cookies around the house?

ncredbird
10-19-2007, 05:34 PM
I am trying to make some cookies that look and taste like Nutter Butter cookies for my grandaughter. I found a recipe but would like to make them into peanut shapes like the real thing. Don't have any here but was wondering if someone could tell me how long and wide they are. Thanks, AK

moogan
10-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Hmmm.. don't have any around but from memory I would say 2-2 1/4" long and at the wide part 1" coming to a narrow point of 3/4".
You're so nice to make these for you granddaughter. Don't forget the marks on them to make them look like a peanut shell, sort of like cross-hatches.

Megan

stacy7272
10-20-2007, 06:35 PM
DS got a pack of Nutter Butters after his soccer game today and there is the last lone cookie sitting on the table. It has a teeny-tiny nibble taken out of it but I think I can still get the correct measurements:

2 3/4 in long
1 in plus 5 cm wide at the widest part
1 in plus 2 cm wide at the narrow part

It has been too long - the lines between the inches are centimeters, right? :o

Beth
10-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Could you take a can -- someting like a tuna can, and bend it to make a peanut shape? We did that to make an Easter egg cutter. It mgiht be a little smaller than the real thing, but it would be a lot easier.

badunnin
10-20-2007, 06:42 PM
DS got a pack of Nutter Butters after his soccer game today and there is the last lone cookie sitting on the table. It has a teeny-tiny nibble taken out of it but I think I can still get the correct measurements:

2 3/4 in long
1 in plus 5 cm wide at the widest part
1 in plus 2 cm wide at the narrow part

It has been too long - the lines between the inches are centimeters, right? :o

The lines between the inches are likely either 1/8 or 1/16, not centimeters. 5cm is about 2 inches!

stacy7272
10-21-2007, 02:35 PM
The lines between the inches are likely either 1/8 or 1/16, not centimeters. 5cm is about 2 inches!
Thank you. Use it or lose it. I've lost it. :o

ncredbird
10-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks everyone! Hey, don't ask me about cm. I do great with the american math but never learned metrics. I appreciate the effort.
I did take a tuna can and try to bend it. I will have to see if it does a reasonable job or not. It turned out too large and a little jagged but maybe the rough edges will smooth out with the baking. We will see. AK