PDA

View Full Version : ISO Recipe - Everyday Food - Pimento Cheese

bbenedict
01-21-2008, 09:54 AM
I got my food processor out to make the EF pimento cheese and for the life of me can't find the recipe. I don't know if I misplaced a magazine or not. I've tried searching on the EF website without luck. I'm hoping someone out there has it at hand.

TIA
Bonnie

bobmark226
01-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Maybe because you're spelling pimiento wrong? I entered it that way, but got so many recipes I didn't want to cull through them all. Try it that way and see if you have any luck.

Do you happen to know the issue, I have most, or was it posted here?

Bob

HealthyinMN
01-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Is this it?

Pimiento Cheese
Everyday Food

3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 ounces. cream cheese
2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
1 cup grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to taste
salt and pepper to taste

In a food processor, pulse together mayonnaise, cream cheese and red peppers until combined.

Add cheddar cheese, cayenne, salt and pepper. Pulse until spreadable and slightly chunky.

funniegrrl
01-21-2008, 11:10 AM
How can they call it Pimiento Cheese if they use "chopped roasted red peppers?" They're close, but they ain't the same thing.

To a Southerner, that recipe has 4 too many ingredients anyway. The pimiento cheese of my childhood is:

1 jar pimientos, drained
grated cheddar cheese (to the proportion of cheese-to-pimiento you want)
dab mayonnaise

Mix. The End.

bbenedict
01-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone. Good to get the proper spelling Bob.

HealthyinMN....that is the recipe...only instead of roasted red peppers, the recipe uses pimientos.

Thanks! I KNEW you guys would come through.

Gratefully yours...
Bonnie

heavy hedonist
01-21-2008, 01:20 PM
How can they call it Pimiento Cheese if they use "chopped roasted red peppers?" They're close, but they ain't the same thing.

To a Southerner, that recipe has 4 too many ingredients anyway. The pimiento cheese of my childhood is:

1 jar pimientos, drained
grated cheddar cheese (to the proportion of cheese-to-pimiento you want)
dab mayonnaise

Mix. The End.

you'd hate mine then-- i do frank stitt's, which also has sugar and some hot sauce in it, but i add a Big tbsp full of dijon.
and i found that i disliked the texture from the FP, it's much better tasting when it's not so overly creamy. fine hand grated cheese works the best, to me. pimiento cheese on a crisp saltine, heavenly.