PDA

View Full Version : Help Finding a Recipe!

PAMMELA
02-13-2008, 11:11 AM
I bought a can of Campbell's Chicken with Rice soup for a recipe that I got off this BB and now I can't find it anywhere! Anybody know which one i'm talking about? I'm fairly certain it's not a CL recipe and who posted it is on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't remember! Help please! TIA!!!!:o Other than that I can't remember anything else about it although i'm fairly certain it's some type of chicken recipe...:p

pilgrim719
02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Is it this one?

African Chicken-Peanut Soup

From Cooking Light
This recipe gives a traditional African dish some American appeal.

Cooking spray
1-1/2 cups cubed peeled sweet potato
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
1 cup bottled salsa
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 (16-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 (15-ounce) cans Healthy Choice Chicken With Rice Soup or any less-sodium chicken-and-rice soup, undiluted
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter

Place a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add sweet potato, onion, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeño; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients (chicken through beans); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Add peanut butter, stirring with a whisk; cook 2 minutes.

Yield: 11 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

CALORIES 188 (28% from fat); FAT 5.9g (sat 1.3g,mono 2.4g,poly 1.6g); PROTEIN 15.2g; CHOLESTEROL 21mg; CALCIUM 35mg; SODIUM 556mg; FIBER 3.4g; IRON 1.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 19.3g

Cooking Light, SEPTEMBER 1999

PAMMELA
02-14-2008, 11:09 AM
You know my first thought was NO, but actually this could be it - except I only bought 1 can...makes me wonder. Although maybe i was going to halve it?? This has been in my to try pile for a while!! Thanks for reminding me!

Anyone else?? I thought it was a recipe posted by someone on the BB, not a CL recipe....

Thanks!!

P.S. I really only get on the BB at lunch now so i'm sorry for the delayed response.

pilgrim719
02-14-2008, 12:30 PM
How about this one? :)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken and Dressing

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Casseroles Chicken
Main Dish

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup onion -- chopped
1 cup celery -- chopped
1 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
1 10.5 oz chicken and rice soup
4 cups cornbread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
1 boiled chicken -- boned and cut in bite size pieces

Put broth in large pan; add onion and celery; cook until tender. Add undiluted soups, heat through. Add cornbread crumbs and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.

Pour half of mixture inton a greased deep 3 quart casserole or pan. Add chicken and top with rest of dressing. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Notes: I use bone-in chicken breasts rather than a whole chicken. I never have chicken with rice soup on hand, so I have not ever used that. I use the broth from when I boil the chicken breasts, then add some of the Wylers shakers (chicken flavor) to that. I use one cream of mushroom and one cream of chicken. Also, I don't go to the trouble of making cornbread just for this dish. Whenever we have cornbread, I just crumble what's left in a big ziploc and keep in the freezer. Once I get 4 cups, then I make this casserole!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 389 Calories (kcal); 15g Total Fat; (33% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 27mg Cholesterol; 3174mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates