PDA

View Full Version : WOW! It pays to use PAYPAL!

jmarie
02-16-2008, 07:10 AM
I purchased a DVD via buy it now. "Facing the Giants" I had looked at DVD's that day for hours picking and choosing. and I chose the one with a bad history. Don't know how I did it unless, I was just tired, because that is usually the first thing I do. The first time I was almost screwed was over a coin collection...maybe a set of the quarters. Anyway, I got the sellers phone number and called and left a message and told them that they could have my money and that I was going to just forget about it and claim the verse in the Bible. "Vengeance is mine, thus saith the Lord." I told him that I had put it in God's hands and would just God handle it and I hung up.
There were about 15 of us who were corresponding back and forth regarding this matter, all of us having been taken by this guy. Out of all these people, I was the only one to receive my coins. This time I will receive payment.

I do need to be careful when checking out feedback, got a little lax....but this last guy took a lot of people.

I issued a complaint with Paypal and this is the response I received today.

Dear Joyce ,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $20.60 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

RecipeGirl
02-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Wow, you're lucky!!

I've bought many things on ebay w/ Paypal and have had luck every time except one...

There was a guy who had great feedback for about 25 sales, but apparently this was his way of working up good feedback before he took everyone for their money. All of a sudden he stopped shipping out what everyone had ordered and Paypal was unable to recover the money from the seller. Fortunately it was only about $30 on my part. Hope they found the crook :mad: