PDA

View Full Version : New Dancing with the Stars lineup!

schuh
02-19-2008, 01:12 PM
OK, I admit to being excited about the new Dancing with the Stars lineup (http://www.tv.yahoo.com/dancing-with-the-stars/show/38356/news/urn:newsml:tv.eonline.com:20080219:2fd079763863_4d b6_b6a3_58ec17e9b49b__ER).

I'm curious to see whether Adam Corolla actually tries to dance or just makes an *** out of himself, like some of those ESPN guys.

And it will be interesting to see a deaf contestant, Marlee Matlin. I'd imagine that would be even more of a challenge than dancing with one leg.

I would imagine Kristi Yamaguchi will be good.

Any early favorites/predictions/overall reaction?

DeeK
02-19-2008, 01:30 PM
My first impression is: B-O-R-I-N-G!

I think this show is probably one who's time has come and now should probably go. I really liked the first two seasons, but unless they add a different "twist" to things, I think this season could become old hat pretty quickly.

schuh
02-19-2008, 02:11 PM
It's funny that's your reaction. I've watched it for all five seasons (this will be #6) and every year when they announce the contestants I think "I haven't heard of most of these people - I probably won't be interested." And I end up having favorites right from the from the first night. Like last year, I had never heard of Helio Castraneves (or however you spell his name), but I was a fan of his dancing.

This year, I've actually heard of most of them! I can't say I'm jumping up & down with excitement over any of them, but I actually think the "star power" has improved a bit.

DeeK
02-19-2008, 02:40 PM
It's funny that's your reaction. I've watched it for all five seasons (this will be #6) and every year when they announce the contestants I think "I haven't heard of most of these people - I probably won't be interested." And I end up having favorites right from the from the first night. Like last year, I had never heard of Helio Castraneves (or however you spell his name), but I was a fan of his dancing.

This year, I've actually heard of most of them! I can't say I'm jumping up & down with excitement over any of them, but I actually think the "star power" has improved a bit.

LOL Being the sports nut I am ... I liked Helio and Mark Cuban ... the others --- meh! I thought I was going to like Marie Osmond, but I got SOOO tired of her.

My gut reaction is that maybe she's not a very nice person in real life. (But, I don't KNOW that ... it's just a feeling)

misskitty100
02-19-2008, 03:09 PM
I TOTALLY agree with this!!

My first impression is: B-O-R-I-N-G!

LOL!!! I agree with this too!!!:D

I think "I haven't heard of most of these people - I probably won't be interested." And I end up having favorites right from the from the first night.

I know a lot of people don't care for Maksim but he is/was my favorite dancer and I am bummed that he is taking a break. I will miss seeing him.

For some odd reason, I think Penn and Kym Johnston are a match made in heaven....(shudder)!!!

schuh
02-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I wasn't into Marie at all. She was at an event with some people I knew ... the reaction was that she was an odd duck, which seemed to be confirmed by her behavior in the show.

I actually think that star power doesn't matter as much as the likability of the stars. I was never a fan of Helio or Drew L. or Emmett Smith or Leila Ali, but I ended up watching the show because I liked their personalities and their dancing. So I'm always curious to see whether there's someone who "sucks me in." It's rarely who I think it will be.

schuh
02-19-2008, 03:11 PM
For some odd reason, I think Penn and Kym Johnston are a match made in heaven....(shudder)!!!

Poor Kim has gotten some doozers of stars, hasn't she?

Lauren
02-19-2008, 05:08 PM
OMG! I was so in love with Steve Guttenberg when I was in HS! :eek:

SueK
02-19-2008, 07:10 PM
I wonder if Monica Seles will grunt as much dancing as she did when she played tennis! :)

And Priscilla Presley has had so much plastic surgery I don't know how she'll show any facial expressions while dancing!

JellyBean22
02-20-2008, 06:14 AM
And Priscilla Presley has had so much plastic surgery I don't know how she'll show any facial expressions while dancing!

I agree. What has she done to herself? :eek: She used to be so beautiful and now she looks like a ventriloquist's puppet. She would have been far better off aging gracefully.

Anyway, do we know who is paired up with who yet? I love this show but I'm not overly impressed with this cast at all. This was really the best that they could come up with? :rolleyes:

cocoa'smom
02-20-2008, 07:50 AM
OMG! I was so in love with Steve Guttenberg when I was in HS! :eek:

Steve Guttenburg is my cousin (I don't think he knows it though ;) My grandmother and his grandmother were first cousins. I think he and I are 6th cousins or something like that!