PDA

View Full Version : AI top 12 women

Laurielee
02-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Cant believe no-one has started this. This is my first time watching this year and have to say, all the woman are so much better than last year. I am sorry I dont know any names. I thought most of the singers regurgitated their songs, except for the girl name I think Aisha? so I was surprised how mean Simon was to the plus size model.

And what about the Karrie Underwood clone, she looked and sounded exactly like her. I think the young girl that looked like she had the deer in the headlights look will go.

Laurie

TKay
02-21-2008, 01:18 PM
I was a little disappointed with the girls. I thought the guys did a much better job the other night. I also noticed the Carrie Underwood clone. I thought she sang really well, but looked nervous and uncomfortable in her own skin. That was my only problem with her.
I usually agree with a lot of Simon's critiques, but I found myself disagreeing more last night. For me, it's sort of a crapshoot to see who'll go home.

Jewel
02-21-2008, 01:48 PM
My favorites are Brooke White (the one who sounds sort of like Carly Simon) and Ramiele Malubay (the petite little lady with the big voice!). I like Carly Smithson (Irish girl) as well.

Joanne Borgella (plus-sized model) just didn't have the voice last night, and I think Amy Davis will go home. I wrote her name down as someone who tanked, but now I can't remember who she is.... :eek: That should tell me something!!

I honestly don't like Amanda Obermyer, the Rock Nurse. I keep thinking she's too one-dimensional. Sure, she's a rocker...but she hasn't really 'sung' yet. Simon was right in telling her that she needed to prove that she can really sing, not just 'belt' with a gravelly rocker chick voice!

gertdog
02-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Here I am again with my embarrassing list. :) Song titles may not be entirely accurate- I didn't know all the songs by name. I wasn't much impressed by any of the women- they may be as talented as the guys overall, but I didn't think there were any particularly good performances last night.

Kristy Lee Cook (Rescue Me)- Pretty girl, nice voice, not a good performance at all. She was doing some bizarre thing with her eyes while she sang, popping them out in weird ways.

Joanne Borgella (Say a Little Prayer)- the plus-size model. She is on the local news every night here as she's from NJ. I thought she was sharp through the entire song and her voice wasn't very big. The latter could be due to being sick, though.

Alaina Whitaker (More Today Than Yesterday)- She was a close as I came last night to having a favorite performance, I think. She seemed really at ease while performing and sang the song well. I also like that she's a teenager who actually sounds like a teenager when she talks- she's giggly and a little goofy and random in her comments.

Amanda Overmeyer (Baby Please Don't Go) WTH is up with that hair? I'm just not into this girl. She seems funny and nice when they talk to her, but her singing style just doesn't interest me- purely a matter of personal taste, I know. There were some volume problems during her scat portions of the song, I thought. I couldn't hear it, anyway. It will be interesting to see how far she goes.

Amy Davis (Where the Boys Are) Poor girl- I thought that was just awful. No style, she missed a lot of notes. I'll be really surprised if she doesn't go home tonight.

Brooke White (Happy Together). I like her, and I think she really benefited from having a stylist- I thought she looked fantastic last night. The song was a good fit for her voice IMO and it was a fun performance but not necessarily impressive vocally.

Alexandrea Lushington (Spinning Wheel). I didn't remember her from the auditions and what I saw of her perfomance was fine, but I missed most of it b/c I had muffins in the oven and the timer went off while she was singing.

Kady Malloy (Groovy Kind of Love). She looks a lot like Alaina, wow. She has a very mature voice and I happen to really like this song, but I didn't think she performed it very well. She seemed confused by the judge's comments about just being herself- I'd like to see her get through just to see if she can loosen up a bit and have some fun on the stage.

Asia'h Epperson (Another Little Piece of My Heart) I didn't think this was as good as the judges did- there were some weird enunciation issues in places, but I think she has a great voice in general.

Ramiele (missed her last name) (You Don't Have to Say You Love Me)- Great voice, really good performance.

Syesha Mercado (Tobacco Road). She's really beautiful. I don't like this song at all and didn't love the performance, but thought it was fine

Carly Smithson (didn't catch song title)- Is it just me, or is she quite pretty from some angles and not from others? I think all the buzz about her previous recording contract may cause a little backlash against her. She seems perfectly nice and she gave a nice power vocal last night... but I didn't really hear anything special, you know?

If I had to put money on two women to leave, I'd pick Amy Davis and Kristy Lee Cook... but I can also see Joanne or Kady in the bottom two as well. I'm rarely right about these things though!

stacy7272
02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I pretty much have similar thoughts on everyone:

Kristy Lee Cook: I noticed the eye thing but luckily it was only in the beginning. She sounded nice but it was very anticlimactic. I figure she had to keep it controlled in order to not go into a coughing fit. I've had bronchitis and I can't imagine having to do what she did with it.

Joanne Borgella: It seemed like it was very hard for her to sing. She sounded out of tune and looked very uncomfortable. I do like her positive attitude though.

Alaina Whitaker: Loved her singing but I don't like her immature teenager personality.

Amanda Overmyer: I loved what she said about the dancing thing when she made the top 24! I've always thought that I would hate doing that. I never was a fan of hers and I felt this was a waste of a performance if she wants people to know whether or not she can sing. Great music though.

Amy Davis: Pretty voice. Whatever.

Brooke White: I think she's my favorite of the competition. I just love her. Her performance was nice but it didn't blow me away.

Alexandrea Lushington: I didn't enjoy the performance but she sounded fine, I guess. Her voice sounds like she has a stuffy nose - it's not because she's sick, she always sounds that way. There was way too much attitude at the end of the judging - I didn't like that.

Kady Malloy: She has an amazing voice but her personality is very blase.

Asia'h Epperson: Fine. I like her voice.

Ramiele Malubay: Awesome voice.

Syesha Mercado: Very likeable with a great voice.

Carly Smithson: Fine. I've never been a big fan.

Wow - can you tell I get pretty tired of the whole critique thing toward the end?

funnybone
02-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Kady Malloy: She has an amazing voice but her personality is very blase

It was funny when Simon said that she is great when imitating others, but he didn't know who could imitate her - except a pencil maybe.

I see potential in about 4 or 5 of the girls, so only time will tell with better song selection who will keep standing out.

Jazzmatazz49
02-21-2008, 07:42 PM
I actually like Amanda, and I don't know why. I'm so conservative it hurts. But she makes me smile, and sometimes laugh out loud. Maybe because she's a throwback to my generation?:eek:

TravelingJ
02-21-2008, 07:59 PM
My sister joined us for dinner last night, and all 3 of us watched Idol. The girlfriend and sister BOTH like Amanda, but I think she is fake fake fake. When Simon said she was genuine, I was almost sick. I don't believe a thing about her, don't like the sound of her voice, and just HOPE I don't end up hearing her songs on the radio in a year.

I was very disappointed when they didn't kick her off tonight.

Jewel
02-22-2008, 10:22 AM
I was really surprised last night that she was in the bottom three! :o I honestly can't stand her, but I thought that the rest of the country would embrace her 'uniqueness' and vote for her. Hubby and I call her "Nurse Ratchet". :p Hopefully she'll be the next to go!

MrsReber
02-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Jazzmataz, I like Amanda, too. I'd actually like to see her go further to see if she can really sing. I like that she's different from the other girls in the top 12 (now the top 10). Not just her looks, but her personality. I believe that she's real and she seems so much older than she is, too.

But I agree with all the other comments on the other songs and I do think the guys out performed the girls so far.