PDA

View Full Version : freezing bundt cake

Susann
07-20-2001, 09:33 AM
DH's cousin is getting married (DH is best man) next month and we are co-hosting a Saturday brunch. Since I am on vacation, I am using this time to be a lean, mean baking machine and freezing all the baked goods. Now here is my stupid question of the day: How do I freeze large cakes which don't fit in freezer bags? Should I just wrap it in saran wrap and then foil? I feel like such a moron for asking this question, so please go easy on me! :)

cchhbb
07-20-2001, 09:40 AM
Susann,

I just wrap tightly in foil and then freeze. To defrost I remove a couple of layers of foil and leave out on the counter overnight. I've found if it is wrapped tightly when defrosting sometimes it get mushy.

HARRYET
07-20-2001, 09:43 AM
Susann,

I would, and have done just that. Wrap the cake really well in saran wrap like 2-3 times then wrap in foil. Your not leaving it in the freezer for a long time, so I wouldn't worry about freezer burn.

Good Luck Ann :)

cchhbb, we must have been replying at the same time, I also agree w/you when you thaw the cake to unwrap it completely, or it can get sticky or soggy.

Susann
07-20-2001, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the help, cchhbb and Harryet. We are expecting around 75 guests, so I really want to do as much preparation in advance as I can! Now if I could only make more room in my freezer...