PDA

View Full Version : Looking to send fruit basket

cherylopal
04-06-2008, 02:52 PM
so I immediately thought of Harry and David. Are there any others that you can rec- maybe even one that carries organic fruit?
Thanks!

shscharles
04-06-2008, 04:00 PM
When a friend had twins a couple of years ago, I sent a basket of organic fruit...can't remember the name right now, but I'm sure if you googled organic fruit basket you'd find many options.

I have found Harry & David waaaaay overpriced and only okay. If you're still looking tomorrow, I'll see if I can find the name...

Sonja.

memartha
04-06-2008, 04:22 PM
The best fruit I've ever received was an Edible Arrangement. Don't know if that will work for whatever you've got planned, but the quality was outstanding. I've also sent these to others and they've been really pleased.

www.ediblearrangements.com

gabbyh
04-06-2008, 04:32 PM
The best fruit I've ever received was an Edible Arrangement. Don't know if that will work for whatever you've got planned, but the quality was outstanding. I've also sent these to others and they've been really pleased.

www.ediblearrangements.com

I never send flowers or a regular fruit basket any more...it's always from the above; and I usually order right from their web-site that is posted...fruit is fabulous! For Bosses Day last year we ordered our her the chocolate covered fruit and it was delicious!

~Gail

Barrie
04-06-2008, 05:34 PM
I've sent arrangements from Edible Arrangements, too, and they are always a hit. I wish someone would send one to me!

cherylopal
04-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I thought about edible arrangements but how long does it last??

shscharles
04-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Unless there are a lot of family members, that much cut fruit would concern me...

I found the one I used...it's Diamond Organics

http://www.diamondorganics.com/prod_detail_list/310

My friend said the fruit was flawless, in varying stages of ripeness, so it lasted quite awhile. Also, they include shipping in the price quote so you're not shocked when you get to the "place order now" page.:rolleyes:

cherylopal
04-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks Sonja! I'll give them a go.

I thought Edible Arrangements looked like fun but this would be for two people one of whom is recovering for surgery so I'll try the Diamond Organics.

cherylopal
04-12-2008, 06:17 PM
I ended up sending a fruit basket from Diamond Organics- and they loved it. :) It seems that DO is just 2 hours away from Carmel CA where he frequently rents a house though he lives in Fl. Unexpected small world connection that made the gift all the more special.

Thanks again everyone for your advice and suggestions. :) :)