PDA

View Full Version : New Here!

BeckyToo
04-09-2008, 05:48 AM
Good morning,
I'm new here (a refugee from another board!) and just wanted to introduce myself and say "hi!" As you can see, my name is Becky, but since that wouldn't take, I became BeckyToo. I didn't try 2, two, also or any other combination that might have worked!:D
I've been reading some of the posts here as well as some of the delicious recipes in the food section. I must confess that I don't do a lot of cooking. My husband is away on business often and when he is away, Becky doesn't cook!
I'm looking forward to being a part of this board. I've lurked for a while and decided to jump into the water.

cherylopal
04-09-2008, 05:51 AM
Welcome!!!

BeckyToo
04-09-2008, 06:00 AM
Thanks, cheryl! I just realized there is an EDIT button that really works here! That didn't happen where I came from and I need it often!:D

testkitchen45
04-09-2008, 07:05 AM
We're happy to have you; welcome! :) Are you trying to increase or improve your cooking, or just enjoying the chat? Sounds like you might be interested in the cook-and-freeze thing, to get several nights' meals out of one evening of cooking--a good way not to hit the fast-food joints when your DH is away. ;) :D

Hammster
04-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Hey BeckyToo, welcome to the board. Now that you have your feet wet, feel free to jump in at anytime. Any question asked will get an answer. We have a great group of people here and someone will know the answer or know someone else who knows the answer.
Again, welcome. :)

LakeMartinGal
04-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Another welcome, BeckyToo! Glad to see you, and hope you join in often!:D

tamawrite
04-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Welcome, and do chime in often! :)

SugarNSpice
04-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Your screen name is a crack up, I love it! Welcome, see ya around the BB.

KristiB
04-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Welcome Becky!!

BeckyToo
04-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!

testkitchen45, I would like to have some cook and freeze ideas....I tend to hit the take out places way to often when DH is away!:eek:

Hammster, you said to ask questions so here goes: How would you include multiple quotes in a post? Example: I want to quote Hammster and testkitchen in the same post... TIA

Hammster
04-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Hammster, you said to ask questions so here goes: How would you include multiple quotes in a post? Example: I want to quote Hammster and testkitchen in the same post... TIA

If you look just to the right of the "Quote" button, there is a set of quotation marks. When you click on those marks you will see the marks get highlighted (red on my computers, not sure of others). So, you would select the quotation marks on my post as it was first, then you would select the regular "Quote" button for Testkitchen's as hers was second and the 2 would then get brought into your new message window. (Actually you can multiquote in any order you like, but make sure that you don't select the actual "Quote" button until you want the message window to open.)

HTH :)

generic
04-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Welcome, Becky! You might be inspired to cook more often by all the amazing cooks here. Your questions will always get thorough answers, that's for sure.

Hammster, those are the best instructions I've yet seen for that feature. :p

GingerPow
04-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Welcome Becky Too! Jump in and have fun!

Hammster
04-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Hammster, those are the best instructions I've yet seen for that feature. :p

Thanks. Can you tell I write assembly and test instructions for a living? ;)

generic
04-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks. Can you tell I write assembly and test instructions for a living? ;)Ah, that explains it. You have lots of practice. :) Still admirable, anyway.

suebear37
04-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Welcome, Becky! You'll find this is a great place to hang out... there's a large community of "work avoiders" here! ;)

Jazzmatazz49
04-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Welcome, Becky. Enjoy our community!
Edited to say: Enjoy YOUR new community...

cookieee
04-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi Becky, WELCOME TO THE BB. If you are ever so inclined to cook, please check out the Sunday Game of the Week. (no, it doesn't have anything to do with sports as some people think:D) It is a game that encourages people to use their cookbooks. We are on week #101 right now. Still time to join in. Come check us out. ;)

Jessnc
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Welcome Becky! We're glad to have you here!

aggie94
04-09-2008, 08:30 PM
If you look just to the right of the "Quote" button, there is a set of quotation marks. When you click on those marks you will see the marks get highlighted (red on my computers, not sure of others). So, you would select the quotation marks on my post as it was first, then you would select the regular "Quote" button for Testkitchen's as hers was second and the 2 would then get brought into your new message window. (Actually you can multiquote in any order you like, but make sure that you don't select the actual "Quote" button until you want the message window to open.)

You can also just select the quotation marks icon on all the posts you want to quote, then hit the "Reply" button at the bottom of the thread when you're ready to post your own message.

Hi Becky, and welcome!

BeckyToo
04-09-2008, 08:33 PM

HTH :)

Thank you, Hammster! I had no idea how to do this. You know how to explain things, now lets see if I can follow instructions! :D

Hi Becky, WELCOME TO THE BB. If you are ever so inclined to cook, please check out the Sunday Game of the Week. (no, it doesn't have anything to do with sports as some people think:D) It is a game that encourages people to use their cookbooks. We are on week #101 right now. Still time to join in. Come check us out. ;)

Cookieee, I will check out that thread. I would never had guessed it wasn't sports related! Thanks.

BeckyToo
04-09-2008, 08:35 PM
YES!!! Thanks again, Hammster!

And to all of you, I would like to say "thanks" for such a warm welcome!