PDA

View Full Version : Another teacher gift thread...

munchies
04-30-2008, 03:38 PM
I have done some searching of old threads, but I thought I'd throw this out again just to see if there are any new ideas. I'm the room mom in DD's kindergarten class. I like the idea of everyone pooling their money to get a nice gift for the teacher. The other class (she teaches two 1/2 day Kind. classes) is pooling money for a family membership to a local museum. Anybody have any other ideas???

Here are my thoughts: I suppose I could pool money and do a gift card to Target, bookstore, etc. I'd also like to do something more "personal" from the kids. I'm thinking that if I gave them each a sheet of paper and had them write a sentence and draw a picture, maybe I could take that to the copy store and have it laminated and made into a book. I know that often times at school, she gives them a starter for their sentence, such as, "I like....". I'm stuck with what that starter would be in this case. Suggestions?

I'm really open to any ideas, these are just the ones I've thought of so far. ANY input you have is appreciated!

Thanks!
Heather

mightyh
04-30-2008, 04:27 PM
As a mom, part of the charm of the prompted pages for kindergarteners is the creative answers with which they come up.

I think you could start a variety of pages with ideas like:
My favorite part of school is....
The best thing about my teacher is...
One thing I learned this year is...
When I think about kindergarten, I think about...

Good luck--it sounds adorable and those type things are among my most treasured mom gifts!

Terri_A
04-30-2008, 04:39 PM
I am creating a cookbook for the weeone's Kindergarten class to give their teacher. Each parent is sending me a digital photo of their child and one or two favorite family recipes and a comment or two from the child about the recipe. I'll have each child sign the inside cover of the cookbook before they give it to her. I'm using Photoworks to create the book since they have a format for doing this. Here's a link to Photoworks cookbooks. (http://www.photoworks.com/photo-books/category.jsp;jsessionid=D6170CA2BADB72D85DC9478A2C C15418?occasion=cookbook&cb=PW&guest=true&toh=&svr=web40)

Also, several of the parents have asked if they can buy one for themselves as well.

Beth
04-30-2008, 04:40 PM
I like your idea -- and I would think you only need to laminate the covers? Or use page protectors and a folder or binder. The put "my favorite thing about " the teacher and "I rememebr when (the teacher said or did)" quotes inthe school yearbook one year. It was a really cute touch.

I have also enjoyed the flower pots, pictures and things created with little one's fingerprints that are turned into little animals or characters with simple line drawings. That could be an idea for your cover as well as a gift idea.....

Jazzmatazz49
04-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Don't forget "The funniest thing that happened this year was..." and "Mrs. Crabapple can do anything. She can even..."

I love the idea of a book, especially if you put the kids' pictures in it.

cchhbb
04-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Target has some really cute scrapbooks in their $1 area right now. They have a hard cover and 8 pages inside. My son's class has 20 in it so I bought 4 books/teacher and will just throw away the extra covers.

Cheryl

suebear37
04-30-2008, 08:33 PM
When my kids were in elementary school, I gave their teacher a rose bush at the end of the year. Some of them were lucky enough to end up with 2 if they had both boys!

And very often, the teacher would come up to me several years afterwards & tell me how much they loved the rose bush & that every year when it bloomed, it reminded them of the boys.