PDA

View Full Version : 76 Year Old Ted Kennedy Hospitalized W/ Stroke-Like Symptoms

jmarie
05-17-2008, 10:32 AM
As reported by Fox News

Jazzmatazz49
05-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Wow. I wonder how he's lived to be 76. He's looked so ill for so many years.

Gumbeaux
05-17-2008, 11:15 AM
76 Year Old Ted Kennedy Hospitalized W/ Stroke-Like Symptoms

Since you are a Republican, are you posting this as good news? http://community.cookinglight.com/images/smilies/frown.gif J/K

Jazzmatazz49
05-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Gumbeaux!!! :eek::eek::eek: You know he's married to a Louisiana lady? I just think he looks like he's eaten too much red meat, drunk too much red wine, and had too little exercise.
ETA: I was checking Wikipedia to be sure I was correct that he was still married, and there is already an entry saying he had been rushed to the hospital with stroke-like symptoms. The Internet still amazes me sometimes.

jmarie
05-17-2008, 01:18 PM
That is not how I operate, Gumbeaux. :mad: I have never wished ill on anyone in my entire life....even when she got busted for drugs, I wrestled with that..I have always been afraid that what goes around comes around!
Why is it that Democrats feel this way?

Gumbeaux
05-17-2008, 03:52 PM
That is not how I operate, Gumbeaux.

I did say J/K. ;)

avariell
05-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Uh regardless of political affiliation... the dude isn't exactly a shining example of character for Americans. I don't wish him ill, but I do hope he leaves public office because I think he is a disgusting role model and person. Thankfully he doesn't represent me in any way.

ADM
05-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Uh. . .Thankfully he doesn't represent me in any way.

Uh...Yes he does. He is a member of the Senate and the Senate, as a group, represents all Americans.

avariell
05-18-2008, 06:10 PM
ADM- I certainly don't have the opportunity to not vote for him. He doesn't represent Ohioans last I checked. And I am embarrassed that he represents us as Americans to the rest of the world.

mom2garret
05-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Update:

He has a malignant tumor. There is no mention of surgery yet.

Jodi

wallycat
05-20-2008, 11:34 AM
I hate cancer :mad::mad::mad:

jmarie
05-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Man.....it must be a fast growing cancer since he just had surgery this past October....You said it as well as anyone could, walleycat....:(

momqat
05-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Man.....it must be a fast growing cancer since he just had surgery this past October....You said it as well as anyone could, walleycat....:(
The surgery he had last October was for opening up and cleaning out his carotid artery, so would not necessarily have found this at that time.
But the news reports that are ongoing now in MA say that it is a glioma - very aggressive and fast growing. Average (and I emphasize that - not all tumors are created equal) survival rate is 1 - 5 years.

Uh regardless of political affiliation... the dude isn't exactly a shining example of character for Americans. I don't wish him ill, but I do hope he leaves public office because I think he is a disgusting role model and person. Thankfully he doesn't represent me in any way.
Each to his own, and I do agree that he's done some pretty stupid things in his youth, but he's also had some pretty heavy things thrown at him that lesser people may not have been able to handle as bravely and graciously as he. And personal life aside, he will leave a legacy in this country in legislation for human rights that few have matched, or even come close to.
I for one am very proud to have him represent me in congress, and I wish him strength to conquer this latest challenge and to continue to serve for as long as he cares to run for office.

avariell
05-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Each to his own, and I do agree that he's done some pretty stupid things in his youth, but he's also had some pretty heavy things thrown at him that lesser people may not have been able to handle as bravely and graciously as he. And personal life aside, he will leave a legacy in this country in legislation for human rights that few have matched, or even come close to.
I for one am very proud to have him represent me in congress, and I wish him strength to conquer this latest challenge and to continue to serve for as long as he cares to run for office.

I normally don't offer any political opinions on here because people can start fighting really quickly. So I just wanted to say thank you for just taking my comment for what it was - my opinion. I totally respect your opinion as well, and you stated it very eloquently. And regardless of what I think of him (admittedly from his personal life more than political), I am happy that you feel he represents you well since that feeling seems to be more and more rare these days. :)

KAnn
05-20-2008, 03:32 PM
I am so proud to have voted for him in 1980 when I volunteered on his 1980 presidential campaign and I am proud of all he has accomplished...his words as the 1980 convention still inspire me in the other causes I am involved in:

"For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die".

I was so startled when I first heard the news about a possible stroke and I am truly saddened today. So much tragedy in a family that has given so much....from Joe, Jr, in WWII to his other two brothers, Jack and Bobby.

ChristieinMB
05-22-2008, 09:53 AM
What makes me cringe...
the eulogy type articles being written about him and talks on tv and radio.
can they wait until he dies??

I wonder what it feels like to see and hear this about ones self.

Laurielee
05-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Christene, I agree about the Eulogy part. I was watching GMA do a profile on his life and they way they did it, I thought omg he passed away.

Laurie

hollysmom
05-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Ted is definitely cool. Hears diagnosis, has tests, checks out of hospital, cruises to Hyannisport, and goes sailing for the afternoon.

SSM

mom2garret
05-22-2008, 01:01 PM
See, that's my problem. I told DH this a.m. that I think Ted probably got the worst of the diagnosis. I think between the public apperances and the photo of the family in the newspaper, they are trying too hard to show his chin is up.

I don't know, I read into things waaaaaayyyy too much sometimes. I guess this weekend he is going to compete in a race.

Jodi

Gumbeaux
05-22-2008, 01:13 PM
See, that's my problem. I told DH this a.m. that I think Ted probably got the worst of the diagnosis. I think between the public apperances and the photo of the family in the newspaper, they are trying too hard to show his chin is up.

Yeah, I agree.

Most of the doctors I've seen interviewed that have a lot of knowledge of this type of disease say that surgery would be risky in Ted's case and could leave him paralyzed and/or unable to speak.