PDA

View Full Version : Report of Aloha in NJ

kathleen415
07-29-2001, 08:19 AM
Last night the Monmouth/Ocean supper club had a luau on a deck facing the setting sun overlooking the Manasquan Inlet. It was lovely. Here's what we had:
Pam - Appetizers: Shrimp and Pepper Fritters with two different sauces, one was a Thai based, the other mayo-based; Grilled Pineapple and Pork Kebabs; and two coolers of rum punch, one with grenadine, one without.
Karen A. - Soup: Gazpacho
Karen J. - Salad and Bread: Tossed Green Salad with Hawaiian Dressing; Aloha Bread; and a Macaroni Salad that was served as a side dish
Robin - Sea Bass marinated in Miso and Sake; Chicken with Snow Peas and Bean Sprouts (actually I'm not sure if it was bean sprouts, whatever it was was really good)
Stefanie - Side Dishes: Coconut Rice; Grilled Eggplant; Green Beans with Kalamata Olives, Anchovies and Cherry Tomatoes
Kathy - Fruit, Nuts, & Cheese: Pineapple Granita served as a palate cleanser before the entree; Tropical Fruit Salad with an apricot coconut dip; and Coconut Macadamia Gelato, both served with dessert
Sheryl - Dessert: Coconut Creme Brulee served in coconut shells(!); Molten Lava Cakes with chocolate whipped cream; Pineapple Tart
It was all fabulous - we usually start at about 5pm and eat until 10pm. We do have a problem with the courses though, with 7 couples it's hard to divide up the courses. That's how we came up with the Fruit, Nuts, and Cheese course. It didn't really work for the Luau because, as the staff at Artisanal told my husband when I had him call for advice, "Hawaii isn't really known for it's dairy products".