PDA

View Full Version : Specific pampered chef item feedback needed, please

shoyski
07-31-2001, 07:33 PM
Hey All,

I am considering purchasing some Pampered Chef items and wondered if any of you had experience with the following items:

Slice and Grate (slices, grates and juliennes)
Mini-muffin pan
Garlic press

I am especially interested in feedback on the press since I've gone through three in the last two years. I need something sturdy, but also something that cleans easily.

Thanks!

SandyM
07-31-2001, 08:53 PM
I love my Pampered Chef Slice & Grate.

cryskie
07-31-2001, 08:58 PM
I LOVE my pampered chef garlic press. it works so well, and you don't even have to peel the garlic. i use it almost every night!

Crystal

Saralee
07-31-2001, 09:16 PM
This thing is great! It works great and cleans up really easy!

Another great product is the baking stone. It makes great breads and pizzas.

Robyncz
07-31-2001, 09:44 PM
I have owned a gazillion different garlic gadgets and this is the one I can't live without! I have bought it for several friends as well, and they all love it, too.

I also love PC's spatulas. They're not made of rubber, so you can actually cook with them without melting them. I use the one shaped like a spoon almost every time I cook. It's good for everything!

suziking
08-01-2001, 06:08 AM
I have the mini muffin pan and I love it! I don't use it as muh as I could - but it is great . The non-stick surface seems to be bullet proof!

I have a zyliss garlic press which is similar to the pamper chef and I would die without it. That is a no brainer!

Enjoy! Suzi

cchhbb
08-01-2001, 06:12 AM
I'll give a big thumbs up to the slice and grate. I've had mine about 2 years and use it all the time. One thing that I would caution you about is watch your fingers and use the guard. This thing can be lethal. I did cut my thumb pretty badly when I was careless.

SueK
08-01-2001, 06:13 AM
The garlic press is just one of several dozen PC items that I own, and I love it! My latest PC purchase is the cheese grater and I love that, too.

Leslie w
08-01-2001, 07:25 AM
While I don't own any of the above I have friends who have the garlic press and the mini muffin pan and love them. I'm a big stoneware person. Their rectangular pizza stone is my favorite. I use it for everything from pizza to cookies to bread. I just bought the rectangular baker and am anxious to try it out.

mightyh
08-01-2001, 08:22 AM
Oooops. Just realized I posted this as its own topic.... Anyway, here's what I meant to post earlier.

Thumbs up for both!
Just used my slice and grate last night to slice potatoes and onions for the tortilla espanol. Very easy. That's what I usually use it for--thin slices of potatoes for scalloped potatoes or the like. I'm very happy with it.

I also have the garlic press and love it. It's similar to the Zyliss garlic press, so if you want another option, that's what I'd recommend.

LaraW
08-01-2001, 08:26 AM
I can't speak for the mini muffin pans or the slice-n-grate, but I can definitely recommend the garlic press. That is one gadget that I had looked at for a long time because it was expensive, but I am really glad I bought it. It was definintely money well spent!

brendat4
08-01-2001, 08:42 AM
I concur with everyone else's posts about the garlic press--it is great! Until I bought mine I used to only use the jarred garlic (NOTHING like fresh garlic) but have only bought fresh garlic since then. It is so easy to use and clean. One time when my mom & sister were here I was making dinner and they saw me using it and asked--"you mean you don' t have to peel the garlic first?"--what a great timesave and headache-saver.

I also have the mini-muffin pans. Don't use it as often as I should as I can never remember how to adjust the recipe for less cooking time on baked goods. I know I should just experiement. Does anyone know? Do I need to adjust the temperature of the oven as well?

One other thing I have that I really like is their giant pizza wheel. It's great for cutting pizza because it's not so small that it gets all gunked up with the toppings. I also use it to cut other baked goodies like brownies--so easy!

My sister has the Chilzane pitcher---likes hers so much she bought another one.

Those are my reviews for what their worth!

csmcnamara
08-01-2001, 09:49 AM
I have all three and love all three!! I use them all the time. And another thumbs up for the stoneware!

Jewel
08-01-2001, 09:59 AM
I can't seem to get anyone around me to send me a Pampered Chef catalog or anything close, so I'm totally in the dark!! I have one co-worker who says she can get me a catalog, but she 'keeps forgetting'. I'm very interested in a few items, but I'm not the home party type and no one I know is a consultant anyway! :(

I've had at least three garlic presses, and I always seem to go back to the Bottled Minced Garlic because they're such a pain to use and clean. What makes the PC press so different so you don't have to peel a garlic clove? Thanks for any info!!

:)

SandyM
08-01-2001, 10:01 AM
Jewel,

You can go to www.pamperedchef.com and find a consultant that way, to buy directly from them. You don't need to attend a party to get their merchandise.

Isn't there a regular poster on here that sells PC merchandise?

Wendy w
08-01-2001, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the information Sandy and I hope you're not melting! I don't have any of their items but I got to use their garlic press when my dinner club got together the other day. I really liked it and it was very well made much better than the cheapo one that I have at home.

SandyM
08-01-2001, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Wendy w
Thanks for the information Sandy and I hope you're not melting

ooooh I'm melting, what a world....what a world.......

Yep it's a big fat honking 96 degrees here right now, with a heat index of about 105.

Sounds like I need to invest in a PC garlic press. I have a dreadful one at home, and when I need to mince 12 cloves (for Gail's Husband's Aunt Norma's Roasted Garlic Orzo Pilaf), that press would come in handy! :D

shoyski
08-01-2001, 11:05 AM
Hey guys, thanks! My neighbor is having a party Friday while I'm at work and thanks to you guys, I can just drop off my order and not worry about inspecting quality. Of course, I'll miss the food, though!

I own the round stone and pizza cutter already and very much like using them.

cooksrhot
08-01-2001, 11:52 AM
The garlic press is a buy all day! What makes it great, Jewel, is that it's really heavy-duty and comes with this cool "thing" that punches the left over peel and garlic out of the press. You never have to touch it! I just rinse mine and go...it never rusts like some of the cheap-os.

I like my slice and grate, but wish the holder was bigger. You can't get a really large vegetable in it, so you have to do it by hand (yikes! it's sharp and my DH cut his finger on the blade doing that)

heatherfeather
08-02-2001, 01:56 PM
I have almost everything in the Pampered Chef's catalog! I sure have been to a lot of parties! Anyway - all three products you mentioned are excellent. If this helps, Zyliss makes a lot of the Pampered Chef products. In fact, before Pampered Chef took off, the Zyliss name appeared on the products. You can buy the same exact Zyliss items in expensive gourmet stores for more money, but they are the same as the Pampered Chef ones. The Garlic press is very heavy duty and I have had mine over 5 years.

(The only products I have bought from PC that I did not like are: the magic mop and the large quick stir pticher which when full, will spill forward as you try to lift it out of the fridge becausde the handle isn't long enough.)

KathrynY
08-02-2001, 02:33 PM
I own several Pampered Chef items, and have been very pleased with them all. However, we had a small usage problem with the garlic press - were told it would also work with fresh ginger and managed to break it that way. So, don't use yours on fresh ginger! :) (I know all Pampered Chef products are guaranteed, but it's such a pain in the you-know-where to keep track of all those darn receipts. I have enough paper in my life already!)

AGC
08-02-2001, 02:40 PM
I had a PC party last month. We sold $907.00 including outside sales! Seventeen people showed up. I whipped up several additional recipes from PC cookbooks and it turned out to be dinner. I love how you get a recipe with each purchase. I, too, have the garlic press and I throw it into the silver-ware basket of my dishwasher with no problems. They have a Quikut paring knife that is a great deal at $1.00. The pastry brush is very nice, real boars head bristles. I had a chance to handle most of their products when I bagged everyone's purchases. I love my egg seperator. I do not like the feel of any stones on my hands but I do like the look of the enamaled stones. They are attractive. I find the large Chilzanne bowl to be too small and it does not stay cold enough long enough to make it worth the trouble. I LOVE the mini-spatula. Nothing compares when you are trying to get brownies out. My 6 yr.old uses it to cook in a tiny skillet, it is a perfect size for him. People here at work love the cookbooks. I sold a lot of easy accent decorators, have no idea why. The knives are great but do not hold up so well in the dishwasher and at my house they always end up there. I want the cookware but cant afford it. This is probably way more PC info than everyone needed. The party was fun to host, I had a fun consultant. I get 10% off future purchases and after my party I got lots of free stuff.
~amy

luv2cook
08-02-2001, 03:33 PM
I have it and it works pretty well. The tomatos have to be fresh or it won't work well on the V slicer. Most vegs have to be pretty firm to work. I'm already on my second blade - kept wacking it with the safety thing.

Most importantly, do not be stupid like me and think you can "start" an onion w/out protection. Cost me $140 at the dr's office.

Second, keep all receipts. They won't take it back without them, period.

Melman
08-02-2001, 03:44 PM
Ages ago, my regular PC rep suggested keeping the receipts beneath your silverware tray in a kitchen drawer. You never usually have anything else there...and those receipts don't take up much space.

Speaking from my OWN experience (not an urban legend ;-))...I have had two occasions where I've easily returned an item without having a receipt. Yes, it's much easier if you do have it, but I was able to send a letter with as much detail as I had about when I bought it, who the sales rep was, etc. etc. and an explanation of what happened. I've had excellent response from them.

SueK
08-02-2001, 04:39 PM
Melman- That's a great idea about the silverware drawer. I'm always trying to think of a "safe" place to put my receipts, and then when I need them, I can't find them. I'll have to try to dig mine up this weekend and stick them under the silverware!

BethR
08-02-2001, 04:47 PM
You probably have all the positive feedback you need already, but I thought I'd throw in that all three of these gadgets are great! I have young kids and mini-muffins are always a hit with them and all of their friends. I love them because I don't have throw away all of their half-eaten full-sized muffins!

Linda in MO
08-03-2001, 09:37 AM
I also have all three of these...

Slice and Grate (slices, grates and juliennes) -- never use it

Mini-muffin pan -- like it a lot, but don't use it that often, glad I have it though

Garlic press -- LOVE it, use it all the time!

SusanPC
08-03-2001, 11:33 AM
I just started PC this month actually...haven't even done my first show yet but loved so many of the products my rep said it would be a great way to earn them at a discount. If you need a catolog or help finding a rep in your area feel free to email me and I would be happy to help. We have a detailed manual on all of the products so if I don't have an answer I can sure look it up for you!

I love all of the products you mentioned but I must admit the stones and the food chopper are my favorites!