PDA

View Full Version : Hd tv's are about to go down in price

jmarie
11-04-2008, 04:23 PM
I just saw a local news report that stated if you are considering buying an HD-TV soon, to wait because the prices are about to come down.....of course it has to do with the economy. But good news nonetheless, if you are considering a purchase in the near future.

The reporter didn't say when the TV's were going to come down, just said it will be soon.

Joyce

Miss Giggles
11-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Almost all electronics go on sale before Christmas

They are also counting on the people who will wait til the last minute to think about the digital tv conversion.. You don't have to buy a new tv to get a digital picture but a lot of people are either being talked into it or using it as an excuse to upgrade their tv.

mbrogier
11-05-2008, 01:45 AM
For a HD TV to work, you have to subscribe to a HD channel package through your satellite or cable provider. The big networks do now broadcast in HD, but your broadcast company won't send it to you for free. (it takes a different type of satellite and box from your provider) Depending on how many channels you get and who you get it through, it can be very affordable or expensive.

We have Direct TV, and we get almost every station broadcast in HD... we initally picked a small, cheap package, but then Direct TV decided to give all their HD customers all the HD channels available and to keep adding them. Since it's a new technology, they're making money on new subscribers, so it's good business to make current customers really happy so we go tell our friends.

Oh, and Direct TV gave us a free HD DVR when we moved and replaced it recently with a better one when the last one died. You have to keep your service with them for a couple of years, but we will definitely do that.

There's also a refer a friend offer, if you say that I referred you, you get a $50 credit on your bill and I do as well.

Check out Direct TV. We've been happy customers for 6 years now. My dad gets internet from them, and he's happy as well.

Terri_A
11-05-2008, 07:01 AM
For a HD TV to work, you have to subscribe to a HD channel package through your satellite or cable provider. The big networks do now broadcast in HD, but your broadcast company won't send it to you for free. (it takes a different type of satellite and box from your provider) Depending on how many channels you get and who you get it through, it can be very affordable or expensive.

You actually can get an HD signal for free if you have an HD air antenna. I bought one during Hurricane Ike and it picks up analog and HD signals. There were times before I got my cable back that I got a better pic than I do with cable!!! Of course you can only pick up PBS, ABC, CBS, FOX and other "free" channels, but you can get it!