PDA

View Full Version : Winter has officially started, lost one of my favorite gloves. Suggestions.

applecrisp
12-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Really now, I've worn the gloves four or five times this season, and bingo.... lost one.

I would love to buy a new pair. They were made by Fownes, black fleece gloves, really warm (only glove that kept my hands super warm while waiting for the train in New England winters). Today I wore cashmere lined leather gloves.... clearly that's not going to work for me.

I bought them at Lord & Taylors last year, but they don't seem to carry Fownes brand anymore. I thought Fownes was a big name, not sure if they are still around.

So if any of you super Internet searchers want to give it a whirl.

The label is a bit worn so tough to read, but they are black fleece, have suede type patch at the palm and thumb.

Any suggestions on warm gloves that you can somewhat pass off with wool coat that you wear to work? Any ideas on how to find these?

Grrr, as I look at my one glove and sigh.

Thanks,

JJeannette
12-23-2008, 05:00 PM
http://www.vonmaur.com/default.aspx?Function=Product&ProductID=3725&cat=222,89,220

are these what you are looking for?

applecrisp
12-24-2008, 12:15 PM
JJeannette:

You're fantastic -- a big, big thank you. They look very close to what I have so I am definitely getting them (and they have free shipping too!).

I've looked around for gloves and so many are just leather lined gloves etc. So not going to work for New England.

It's funny that the gloves I bought were only around $20 but they were of the few gloves that I've ever had that really kept my hands warm while walking in the city and waiting for the train.

Thanks so much for helping me out. The people on this BB are awesome.

Thanks again! Best wishes for a very happy New Year!