PDA

View Full Version : Omaha Nebraska

Hollie
04-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Now that World Markets closed; is there any other
fun place to shop? Don't need
anything from Penzky's; I'm all stocked up on spices.

EmptyNestMom
04-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Isn't it sad that World Market closed? There are some things I can't seem to find here (but they do have a website to order from). Have you been out to Tomato Tomato, an indoor farmers market at 163rd (I think) and West Center Road? They carry some fresh locally grown produce (lots of tomatoes) and coffees, teas, organic meats and eggs and some other things. Whole Foods carrys some interesting things (I like to buy soap there in addition to some different foods). Wohlner's and Fareway have great meats and I know Fareway carries many Nebraska/Iowa food products. For Wine/beer I like Spirit World on Pacific. There are some fun places to shop but you can't find everything in the individual store that you could find in World Market...

Happy Shopping/Browsing! :D

melfitz
04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
World Market closed? I don't live in Omaha but my DH's family does. My SIL owns a flower shop, Blooms, and across the parking lot is a Category One store in Rockbrook Village (I think that's what it's called). That's all I can think of.

Hollie
04-23-2009, 12:32 PM
EmptyNestMom, Thanks for the ideas. I'm familar with
Fareway as live in IA. Never heard of Wohlners or the
indoor market. We'll have to check it out.
I'd loved world market, I still get emails from them. But
never ordered online. I like to see and touch before I
buy it! It was just our favorite store in Omaha.
Never heard of category 1, but guess we'll look for it too.
Going to have 5 days to play with the DD next week!

Trishinomaha
04-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Isn't it sad that World Market closed? There are some things I can't seem to find here (but they do have a website to order from). Have you been out to Tomato Tomato, an indoor farmers market at 163rd (I think) and West Center Road? They carry some fresh locally grown produce (lots of tomatoes) and coffees, teas, organic meats and eggs and some other things. Whole Foods carrys some interesting things (I like to buy soap there in addition to some different foods). Wohlner's and Fareway have great meats and I know Fareway carries many Nebraska/Iowa food products. For Wine/beer I like Spirit World on Pacific. There are some fun places to shop but you can't find everything in the individual store that you could find in World Market...

Happy Shopping/Browsing! :D

It's great to know there are other Omahans here on the CLBB. Pam has lots of great ideas in her e-mail. I would also recommend the Village Pointe Farmers Market which will start May 2nd and is there every Saturday. Not as big as the Old Market Farmers Market but it's growing every year and we've even gotten to know some of the farmers there. Wohlner's is a great place as is Broadmoor Market in Countryside Village. Not sure exactly what part of World Market is your favorite (food items, cooking utensils?). I like Sur La Table at One Pacific Place although it can be pricey sometimes - I go there when I'm looking for a specialty cooking implement sometimes. Love Whole Foods when I can afford it :). We should all get together and have coffee some Saturday morning!

Trish

EmptyNestMom
04-24-2009, 08:36 AM
We should all get together and have coffee some Saturday morning!

Trish

Trish,

Getting together is a nice idea (I had no idea that there was anyone else -- until recently -- in Omaha). Are you (and any other's from the Omaha area) up for coffee, old market area or anywhere else for that matter? The Farmers Market in the Old Market opens in a couple of weeks (:D yeah!) and I visit the majority of Saturdays and then go for coffee, usually at 13th Street Coffee.

Trishinomaha
04-25-2009, 04:38 PM
We love the Farmer's Market but have been going to the one at Village Pointe because it's so close to home. It would be fun to get together with others in our area. Maybe we can start a new thread when's it's closer to opening day and see what response we get. I'm going to send you a pm with my contact information.

Trish:)