PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm going to sound like the SNL church lady, but

Robyncz
08-20-2009, 02:41 PM
I HATE the ongoing ads for the Oxygen show Dance Your @ss Off.

As if they title weren't enough, the ads are really pushing the bar for "family" entertainment. They're promoting "Big @ss Monday" and the latest ad talks about "one hell of a semi finals" or something like that.

I'm the first to admit that my language is not pristine. But come on!?! What's the point, exactly?

KristiB
08-20-2009, 02:45 PM
The older I get the more I sound like the Church Lady. :D

PurplePotato
08-20-2009, 02:49 PM
I saw the title and couldn't believe we now have tv titles with the word @$$ in them. I mean, is that really necessary?

Gumbeaux
08-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I agree.

Everything has to have a subtle, or not so subtle, connection to sex. Does The History Channel have to name their show "Pawn Stars"? I'm waiting to see who's going to do a show about firemen living in a firehouse called "Pole Dancers". :rolleyes:

jellyben
08-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I agree.

Everything has to have a subtle, or not so subtle, connection to sex. Does The History Channel have to name their show "Pawn Stars"? I'm waiting to see who's going to do a show about firemen living in a firehouse called "Pole Dancers". :rolleyes:

Ack!! I thought you were kidding with Pawn Stars but I googled it and there it was! Too funny. Or not actually.

I am getting old too. I actually told my son to turn the radio off 'this smutt' a la my mother!

Canice
08-20-2009, 03:13 PM
You didn't say "That's NOT 'music'!" ? :p

JackieO
08-20-2009, 05:52 PM

I say that ALL the time; usually prefaced by "TURN THAT DOWN!!!" :D

Miss Giggles
08-20-2009, 06:05 PM
The onlinebootycall.com ads and the commercials for Gossip Girl as well.

KristiB
08-20-2009, 06:26 PM
The onlinebootycall.com ads.

That's real? :eek:

Miss Giggles
08-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Yes, they are real.

"You don't need to promise marriage to get a date".. the guy says and the girl says "Jerk" after he tries to give her flowers.

Angelsfan
08-20-2009, 08:40 PM

DH says that about some of my music! Either that, or "I think your CD is skipping." (I still have an affection for house and drum and bass music from my college techno days.) He is just too funny for words :rolleyes:.

-Heather