PDA

View Full Version : ISO your favorite chocolate/gooey dessert recipe

SweetTooth
09-04-2009, 12:22 PM
I have a very close friend celebrating her birthday later this month and I would like to surprise her with a dessert.

She is a chocoholic (esp dark chocolate) - the more gooey and more chocolate the better. :)

Can you share your T&T or favorite recipe with me?

TIA

erin elizabeth
09-04-2009, 12:50 PM
This recipe immediately popped into my head. Yummy, easy, make-ahead, ooey-gooey dark chocolate :D

Giada's Warm Chocolate Cakes (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/warm-chocolate-cakes-with-berries-recipe/index.html)

Gilgamesh37
09-04-2009, 02:01 PM
If the situation is such that you can assemble/bake it there (or if she's coming to your house) then my immediate suggestion is this. I've posted it before, but when I pulled up the thread, all the fractional measurements had changed to little boxes, so I thought I'd just post again.

WARM WALNUT BROWNIE PUDDING

Syrup
.75 cup brown sugar
.25 cup cocoa powder
5 tsps instant espresso powder
pinch salt
1 2/3 cups warm water
1.5 Tbl vanilla

Brownie
1 cup flour
.75 cup white sugar
.25 cup cocoa
2 tsps baking powder
.5 tsp salt
.5 cup buttermilk
.5 stick butter, melted
.75 tsp vanilla
1 cup walnuts or pecans, toasted, chopped

FOR SYRUP: Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Gradually whisk in the warm water and vanilla. Bring to a simmer over low heat, whisking often. (Can be made 2 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over low heat before continuing).
FOR BROWNIE: Preheat oven to 325º. Grease 8x8” pan. Whisk first 5 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Mix in buttermilk, butter and vanilla, then stir in walnuts (batter will be very stiff.) Spread in prepared pan. Pour syrup over brownie layer (this will look terrible. It will look like you’re drowning this poor thing. Don’t worry, it’ll come out right in the end.)
Bake brownie until sauce bubbles around sides and bottom and brownie layer has risen almost to top of pan and feels firm to touch, about 40 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool 10 minutes. Serve warm, with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Also, if you double this recipe, it fits handily in a 13x9” pan.

amyvn
09-04-2009, 09:34 PM
This is my go-to rich chocolate recipe. Made with good-quality chocolate, it's driven even non-chocoholics to emit orgasmic groans ;). I wouldn't call the cake gooey, but it's fantastic.

La Bete Noir (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/La-Bete-Noire-235831)

Amy