PDA

View Full Version : How do you store, freeze, & defrost pecan pie mini-muffins?

SusanL
12-19-2009, 12:29 PM
They are fabulous, I made two batches. I would like to keep them to serve on Christmas Eve/Day. Can I store them in plastic containers in a cool environ or if I freeze them, how do I defrost them? Thanks so much Casey1230 for the recipe, skyllo for the original thread, and everyone else who posted. I love my mini-muffin pans for bite-sized desserts! Now I need help in storing them until Christmas, we are in blizzard like conditions today!

Casey1230
12-20-2009, 05:27 AM
I'm so glad that you enjoyed them. I, ahem, never had any left to worry about so can't help with freezing/storing;). I do know that after a day or so, the bottom got a little 'damp', so not sure how they would do long term. Hmmmm... we have about 24" of snow here today and I have everything to make some myself.. can feed to people shoveling out there!

SusanL
12-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Thanks again,Casey. Wow, we only got about 10" and I hid them from my DH. I plan to bag them, then freeze them in a plastick container in a few minutes. I really need more than one thing to take to CT for Christmas and these will be perfect. (I may sneek one and leave one out for DH before they go into the freezer.)