PDA

View Full Version : Need help with CL recipe

Kristen Lee
08-25-2001, 10:49 AM
I came across this CL recipe while using their recipe finder. It is called the "Great American Pizza" and one of the ingredients is; 2 (10-inch) Quick-and-Easy Pizza Crusts. Is this a brand name product that I have never heard of or is this referencing another CL recipe? I looked all over the recipe finder but couldn't find a specific recipe for it. Please help because I would love to make this for some friends that are coming over.

funnybone
08-25-2001, 11:18 AM
It's basically a plain crust you make - on pg. 103 of the "Complete" cookbook. You can just sub your own crust recipe.

Grace
08-25-2001, 11:20 AM
Hi Kristen -

CL sometimes does that - has a recipe split into two parts, and forgets to give you the rest of the recipe. This recipe orginally came from the June 1997 issue. Here is the accompanying pizza crust recipe that they should have put in the recipe finder. Hope you enjoy the pizza. If you decide to make it, would you mind posting a review here of how it turned out? Thanks very much!

CookWare(tm) from Cooking Light(r)

Quick-and-Easy Pizza Crust

SOURCE: Cooking Light YEAR: June 1997 PAGE: 124

INGREDIENTS FOR 2 SERVINGS:
2 cups bread flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 package quick-rise yeast
3/4 cup warm water (120 degrees to 130 degrees)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Cooking spray
2 tablespoons cornmeal

INSTRUCTIONS:
We call for bread flour because it's higher in protein than all-purpose flour and makes a firmer, denser crust. You can, however, substitute all-purpose flour.

1. Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine water and oil; add to flour mixture. Stir until mixture forms a ball.

2. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Punch dough down; divide in half. Cover and let dough rest 10 minutes.

3. Working with one portion at a time (cover remaining dough to keep from drying), roll each portion into a 10-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on two baking sheets, each sprinkled with 1 tablespoon cornmeal. Yield: 2 (10-inch) pizza crusts (serving size: 1 crust).

Food Processor Variation: Place the first 4 ingredients in a food processor, and pulse 2 times or until well-blended. With processor on, slowly add water and oil through food chute; process until dough forms a ball. Process 1 additional minute. Turn out onto a lightly floured counter; knead 9 t0 10
times. Proceed with step 2 in above recipe.

Bread Machine Variation: Follow manufacturer's instructions for placing all ingredients except cooking spray and cornmeal into bread pan. Select dough cycle; start bread machine. Remove dough from machine (do not bake). Proceed with step 2 in above recipe.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
CALORIES 603 (14% from fat); FAT 9.7g (sat 1.3g, mono 5.3g, poly 1.6g); PROTEIN 18.5g; CARB 108.5g; FIBER 1.4g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 7mg; SODIUM 589mg; CALC 24mg

Kristen Lee
08-25-2001, 02:36 PM
Thanks for your help Grace. I was still in school in 97 and didn't subscribe to the magazine yet. If I end up making it will be a slightly different version because I don't eat that much meat anymore.:D

funnybone
08-25-2001, 02:57 PM
I'm glad Grace was able to post it for you. I had to leave just after my post, so I was checking now if anyone had it for you.