PDA

View Full Version : Anyone receive Cuisine at Home in the mail?

Jewel
01-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Yesterday I received a magazine called 'Cuisine At Home' in the mail, outer sleeve said I'd been 'selected' to test market the magazine. It's a 50 page magazine with 'absolutely no ads, 100% cooking!' Not sure which food magazine subscription earned me this freebie, but I'm wondering if anyone else received it?

Actually, I was very impressed. Not just recipes but some very interesting 'How To' articles, like how to get the perfectly cooked restaurant-quality steak at home. There's a Tips & Techniques section from readers that I really enjoyed as well!

Since I've become so bummed about CL's redesign and now only subscribe to Food Network Magazine, it was nice to see something like this in my mailbox. Anyone else get this one? :)

Trishinomaha
01-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Sounds like an interesting magazine and I'm encouraged that perhaps someone out there isn't afraid to put something new out there when so many other mags are folding. I found this website: http://www.cuisineathome.com/main/subscribe.php and ordered a sample copy. The price seems reasonable but I'm hesitant to order until I've seen a copy and make sure they're going to be in business for awhile.

DeeK
01-03-2010, 06:32 PM
A chef friend of mine subscribes and gives me his copy when he's done. It's one of his favorite food magazines. So, I consider that pretty high praise.

I like that it's 3-hole punched. Makes it real easy to file the "keepers".

Cookin4Love
01-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I get a "free sample copy" two or three times a year. I've been getting them for awhile, but haven't subscribed. Yet.

sneezles
01-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I subscribed for a couple of years but let it lapse when I was cutting back on subscriptions. The sample one has been showing up for about 5 years so it's not new just a marketing ploy. Nice recipes, no ads, high subscription rate.

VictoriaL
01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I finally subscribed after I allowed CL to lapse recently, and I like it very much. Not light cooking, but that can be done by tweaking the ingredients and cooking methods for most of the recipes. It seems to me as though a lot of those who get the magazine are professionals (caterers, chefs, etc.).

foodie18
01-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Someone I know (can't remember who...) subscribed to this. I remember liking it when I flipped through it but at the time couldn't see ordering another mag. Maybe I'll give it another look.

Leonard
01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I got 2 copies of the free issue. I too was selected. I once got a subscription as a gift. The recipes look interesting but after receiving the magazine for a year, I only made a few recipes so I didn't renew it. I did however try the "Seared Beff Tenderloin Fillets in the free issue. VERY disappointed. They had no flavor at all. I will go back to grilling for sure.

Linda in MO
01-03-2010, 07:00 PM
I subscribe. I love it! It's probably my favorite magazine. I haven't made a ton of their recipes, but I think it's a reliable source. I made 3 recipes out of their Holiday Cookies that I got last year, and they were all wonderful. They have a new "cookbook" out called Cuisine Lite that I'm dying to get.
http://www.cuisineathomestore.com/books/cuisinelite.php

Jmaplem
01-03-2010, 08:46 PM
I too received the sample issue and thought it was very well done. We made the Beef Tenderloin Steaks and thought they were fantastic! The Bearnaise sauce
might have been what put them over the top...
I'm going to give this one a try.:D

Home Chef
01-04-2010, 06:41 AM
I stopped getting a lot of magazines but I kept the subscription for Cuisine at Home. Everything I have made has been good.

I even ordered two or their cookbooks recently, the soups and the slow cooker and they've been great too.

Jewel
01-04-2010, 09:25 AM
I was a bit bummed that the magazine was so small, but considering there's no ads it's probably the same content at 50 pages as others are at 120. :rolleyes:

I did just subscribe to Eating Well since Amazon has a one year subscription for $5. We'll see if I enjoy that one as much as most of you do! I might also go ahead and subscribe to Cuisine at Home as well!

Vanessa
01-04-2010, 10:55 AM
I get this magazine & I have enjoyed for yrs (gift from mom and dad) It has some great tips and the explanations are clear and precise. Its a great cooking tool

tea4one
01-04-2010, 02:58 PM
I used to subscribe. I let the subscription lapse and now all I do every year is order the annual. That way I have all the years magazines in one book. A lot easier and I'm saving money by not getting the magazine and the annual. I ordered the lite book over the weekend when I ordered the annual. I have all of the annuals and I think all of the extra books that have been put out. I think I have only made a few things though. There are a few that I would like to try but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

tovie
01-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I just got one today. Nice to get an actual look at the magazine, even if it's not really what I'm interested in.

I figured it was the Food Network subscription as since I did that I've been inundated with cooking magazine junk mail (three offers for Semi Homemade, these people really have no clue about what I like :rolleyes: :D )

Angelsfan
01-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I was a bit bummed that the magazine was so small, but considering there's no ads it's probably the same content at 50 pages as others are at 120. :rolleyes:

I did just subscribe to Eating Well since Amazon has a one year subscription for $5. We'll see if I enjoy that one as much as most of you do! I might also go ahead and subscribe to Cuisine at Home as well!

Jewel! Thanks for the the tip! I just ordered EW myself, I can't pass up a deal like that.

-Heather

Alleycat
01-05-2010, 02:34 PM
I pick up a copy once in a while, but I really enjoy their cookbooks. I have the 2 soup ones, holiday baking, holiday cookies, perfect pasta, and slow cooker. Anything I've tried has been fantastic!

I'll be on the lookout at Costco (where I get most of my CAH copies) for that new lite one -- thanks for the head's up, Linda :)