PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas how to use up #s of jalapenos?

CookinginMO/KS
09-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Guess I got a little rambunctious when I bought jalapenos to make pepper jelly & to pickled peppers. Today I made 24 1/2 pints of jelly & 24 quarts of pickled jalapenos/garlic and I probably still have 5 #s left. I'm a tad tired of canning so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas.

Hammster
09-06-2010, 02:03 PM
I've wanted to try smoking jalapenos. I imagine the ones you have are green? I'd think they'd still be good to smoke. Green chipotles, hmmm.

Triathlon13
09-06-2010, 02:14 PM
we LOVE jalapenos so we stock up and whatever doesn't get used before we think they might go bad we chop up and freeze-its great for the winter (but we eat A LOT of Mexican-healthy Mexican of course).

We tend to put them in most dishes- and we top everything with them-vegetarian (or not:^) enchiladas, burritos, black bean soup, mexican casserole.

Probably not all that helpful, but I guess what I'm saying is that freezing them is easy and then you don't need to use them right away;) haha.

CookinginMO/KS
09-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Triathalon, I was just thinking that if all else fails, I'll dice & freeze. Gotta love adding some heat to a meal when winter is upon us.

Hammster, smoked jalapenos sounds very intruiging. When we BBQ tonight I think I'll give a batch a try & see how they turn out.

My fave repeater recipe this summer has been the Pioneer Woman's back wrapped jalapeno thingies so I think I'll be making a bunch for tonight's BBQ. YUM!