PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Light peach muffin or breakfast bread recipes

KathrynY
09-01-2001, 08:01 AM
I've seen lots of wonderful peach dessert recipes, but we are not big dessert eaters and I need to use up some peaches. There must exist some tasty peach muffin recipes, but I can't seem to find any. Also, I don't mean to be picky but we seldom eat non-light foods so I'd really love recipes that are healthier.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! :)

[P.S. I did search the BB and found one recipe from Holly for Peach Melba Muffins that looks heavenly, but it calls for more than 1 stick of butter so I'll have to tinker with it a bit to lighten it up.]

BlueMoose
09-01-2001, 08:26 AM
* Exported from MasterCook *

Peach-Oatmeal Muffins

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 18 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breads & Muffins

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup rolled oats
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 (16 oz) bag frozen peach slices -- thawed and chopped
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup light ricotta cheese
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 egg
1 egg white

Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the peaches. In another bowl combine the buttermilk, ricotta cheese, canola oil, vanilla, and eggs. Add to the flour mixture, stirring until just moist. Spoon batter into nonstick muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Exported from MasterCook *

Peaches and Cream Oatmeal

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breakfast

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups frozen peaches -- chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup wheat germ
3 cups vanilla soy milk or skim milk

Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with butter spray. In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar,wheat germ and peaches. In another bowl combine egg whites, vanilla and milk; beat with a whisk until well blended. Add to oat mixture, mixing well. Pour into baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes. Serve with milk.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

KathrynY
09-02-2001, 06:37 AM
Thanks, BlueMoose! I made the muffins for breakfast this morning and they were excellent :). I substituted 2 medium and 2 small peaches, peeled and chopped, for the 16 oz. frozen. The oatmeal receipe looks good too - will add it to my list of things to try. Thanks again!