PDA

View Full Version : Vegas wedding, anyone?

catharine
11-30-2010, 11:09 AM
After giving it a ton of thought and exploring many different options, DF and I are strongly leaning towards getting married in Las Vegas in January. It is the second time around for both of us and we want to do something simple, but fun. We're thinking we'll head to LV for a few days, get married, and then go to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We just want a simple ceremony - just the two of us. We want some nice pictures, but beyond that our wish list is pretty short, I think.

Has anyone here done this? I think we want something more elegant than a drive-through or Elvis wedding. Bellagio and Venetian have some nice packages. We're actually thinking about the gondola package at the Venetian paired with a stay at the Palazzo.

Right now my biggest question has to do with photography. I'm wondering if the photographers that are provided in the Bellagio/Venetian packages are good or whether we should get our own photographer.

I'm also looking for recommendations for a salon for hair/makeup.

Thanks, all!

LakeMartinGal
11-30-2010, 11:44 AM
I have no information for you, just wanted to say Best Wishes! Have a wonderful time, and congratulations to your fiance!:D:cool:

leebee
11-30-2010, 11:51 AM
I know the Little Church of the West offers packages (I know someone who got married there). They had pictures taken there that were quite nice. Good luck!

catharine
11-30-2010, 12:16 PM
I have no information for you, just wanted to say Best Wishes! Have a wonderful time, and congratulations to your fiance!:D:cool:

Awww, thanks! :)

catharine
11-30-2010, 12:25 PM
I know the Little Church of the West offers packages (I know someone who got married there). They had pictures taken there that were quite nice. Good luck!

Thanks! I'll look into this.

Robyn1007
11-30-2010, 12:42 PM
I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering whether you had done any wedding planning. I have no advice for you but can't wait to see pictures. Hugs my friend!

catharine
11-30-2010, 02:12 PM
I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering whether you had done any wedding planning. I have no advice for you but can't wait to see pictures. Hugs my friend!

Thanks, Robyn! :) Miss you!

ChristieinMB
11-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Why not just go to Hawaii, do the wedding there. I believe there are easy wedding packages in Hawaii. And oh so much nicer.

ChristieinMB
11-30-2010, 07:29 PM
I just googled wedding packages Hawaii, got lots of hits. Starting price was very low, better memories of a beach wedding, than a strip chapel in LV.

Kayaksoup
11-30-2010, 07:36 PM
I got married in Vegas this summer. Beautiful memories, thank you very much!
WE went with a super simple wedding package from Vegas Weddings. I wasn't super keen on their photographer though and you can't supply your own..

Happy wedding planning, whatever you do. And of course,. congratulations...

tbb113
12-01-2010, 12:34 AM

Linda - I missed this news. Best wishes to the both of you

Catherine - Best wishes to you and your fiancee as well.

May all of you enjoy a life of love and happiness :)

foodfiend
12-01-2010, 12:11 PM

Congratulations! Best wishes for the years to come:D:D:D

JenniferJJ
12-01-2010, 06:42 PM

I also totally missed this Linda. Congratulations!!!

Of course, congratuations too to Catharine!

DanaSD
12-01-2010, 08:35 PM
I was also going to suggest getting married in Hawaii. That's we did - it was just the two of us. We had a simple package at the hotel where we were staying which included a cordinator, someone to marry us, witness, photographer and video. The hotel also had a salon for hair and makeup. The coordinator took care of everything and it was so low stress and we enjoyed every moment.