PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Izzy's type Pumpkin Bar recipe

catbatty
12-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Pumpkin Bars -- Anybody have a good recipe?

Izzy's (the all-u-can-eat chain) serves the most delicious dessert squares -- sort of of a pumpkin pie tasting top--but better...perhaps brown sugar in it (and sprinkled on the top with walnuts or pecans ...lightly..like a wee garnish). But the bottom layer...oh la la...not a plain pie dough; more of a cookie layer...brown sugar-ish, firm. I tried to get the recipe, but no. (I never thought a pumpkin bar could be AWESOME. I ate two.) :o

Maybe it was some kind of pie that they cut into bars? But for sure the bottom wasn't plain flour pie dough. It was butter, brown sugar something.... to die for. THANKS. I think it would be a public service if we could FIND this recipe!!!! Everybody will want these..I'm just SURE of it!!! :D

donleyk
12-02-2010, 01:01 PM
This might be close to what you are looking for. I would guess that I got it from somewhere on the CLBB but I didn't reference it. Sorry :o

PUMPKIN PECAN PIE SQUARES

1 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 brown sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 can (12 oz) carnation evaporated milk
1 can (15oz) Libby's pumpkin
2 eggs
2 1/4 tsps. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cups pecans, chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 topping of whipped cream

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and butter in small bowl. Beat till crumbly. Press on bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 pan. Bake for 15 minutes.

Combine sugar, pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs and pumpkin pie spice in mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes, pour over crust.

Bake for 20 minutes. Mix pecans and brown sugar. Sprinkle topping over filling. Continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes or till knife comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars. Top with whipped cream.

catbatty
12-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks Donley. That sounds like it could be it. I don't recall any oats in the bottom layer (nor sugar in the nuts on top) but the oats may disappear. Looks like mostly sugars in that bottom layer...and flour. It might be that one I had...cause it was brown, sweet, buttery, but dry, too. I thought the pumpkin layer was maybe a bit more jazzy than shown here in the recipe...but it could just be that the nuts sprinkled on top and the bottom amazing bottom ...caused that impression. GOSH it was SOOO good and I'm NOT a pumpkin fan at all. I would have, prior to Izzy's, just kinda overlooked a pumpkin bar recipe. WHERE have I been all these years?!? doh.
Thanks again!!!

ChristieinMB
12-02-2010, 03:40 PM
This recipe calls itself Izzy's

http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Izzie%27s-Awesome-Pumpkin-Bars:-Grey%27s-Anatomy/32593/

catbatty
12-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Christie,
Thanks. I think Donley's are more like what I had at Izzy's. Maybe. I feel like the cookie part was brown sugared.

But hey, we can always use more pumpkin bar recipes. :D I think Izzy must be a character name on Grey's Anat. I've never watched the show. <gulp> But I see they have some other Izzy recipes at the site, too. If so, this Izzy must be great guy who loves to bake!! My kinda guy.

Thanks again Christie!!!!!! We'll have to try this bar, too. I'm now hooked.