PDA

View Full Version : How long will turkey meatloaf last?

breadmama
04-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I am so frustrated - we cooked a ton of food on Sat. when my sister's family was here - serving turkey meatloaf that night, and putting the extra away for another meal. A lot of extra - and I totally forgot about it as it was in the garage fridge...and now it is Friday!!!!

What do you think, foodie experts? It smells like meatloaf (not a bad smell)...but it was ground turkey - and I thought the shelf life wasn't very long for that...

Sigh. What a week this has been. If I'd only frozen the surplus, that would have been a great meal for some future day!

Please advise... thanks!

Laurie

Loremma
04-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I say throw it away. I think it's recommended 3 days in the refrigerator before it's "gone bad". Of course, I've eaten things longer than that, but not a week.

sparrowgrass
04-01-2011, 05:50 PM
USDA says 3-4 days for all leftovers.

Sorry--maybe the dog would like it?

tbb113
04-01-2011, 06:18 PM
I eat many leftovers after 3 or 4 days (I've been known to keep leftovers a week).

Gilgamesh37
04-01-2011, 09:33 PM
It was cooked already, right? I wouldn't think twice about either eating it now or freezing it for later. I know the guidelines, but (as I've said many times here) I'm sort of Danger Mouse when it comes to that stuff. DH has a more sensitive digestive system, so sometimes when we have a situation like this, I'll portion and freeze things marked "Gil only" to make sure he doesn't accidentally get into something he feels uncertain about.