PDA

View Full Version : Garlic smell in Tupperware

LaraW
09-24-2001, 01:20 PM
I have a Tupperware container that had garlic powder spill in it, and then sat in storage for about 3-4 weeks before I discovered it.

I think that something liquid must have spilled in there too, because it seemed to be a "paste" that was in there.

Anyway, it STINKS! I have been running it through the dishwasher, and have not used it for anything. Is there anything that I can do to get the garlic stink out of it, or is it a lost cause and I should start storing nails or something in it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lara

lorilei
09-24-2001, 01:25 PM
Baking soda often works. Put a generous amount in the container and leave it sit (closed) for a couple of days. You can even use the baking soda as a cleanser to clean it out afterwards...

Curleytop
09-24-2001, 02:00 PM
If the baking soda doesn't work, put in a few drops of vanilla, wipe the whole stinky area, close it up and let it sit. Next day, wash it well and leave it open.

Jewel
09-24-2001, 02:13 PM
I've always had good luck with making a paste of baking soda and white vinegar and letting it sit for awhile!

Of course if it was that strong a garlic smell, the only thing I'd do to it was make sure that was the container I filled with my lunch every day! :D

LaraW
09-24-2001, 03:56 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions! I usually don't mind a garlic smell, but this one is really offensive. Thanks, I'll give the baking soda/vanilla solution a try.

Thanks!

carolyn.1
09-25-2001, 12:16 PM
Vinegar