PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast for Bridesmaids

Molli526
09-27-2001, 12:33 PM
Ok, maybe I am crazy, but I would like to make breakfast for my bridesmaids the morning of my wedding. I would like to serve them something that I will be able to make ahead so there will be minimum prep time. I would like it to be healthy and filling so I know we get in one good, solid meal. Your thoughts, ideas and recipes please!

Maybe it is a bad idea and we should just go out, I will take your opinions for that too.

Jewel
09-27-2001, 12:37 PM
Here's the thread to our FAVORITE company breakfast, the Farmers Casserole It's easy, it's hearty, you make it the night before, and its so tasty! The only change I made is subbed crumbled spicy breakfast sausage for the ham, and I added cayenne pepper. Well, and I also halved the amount of evaporated milk used!

http://www.cookinglight.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7220&highlight=farmers+AND+casserole

Melman
09-27-2001, 12:41 PM
What time is your wedding? If it's early afternoon, hmmm...I don't know if I'd consider doing very much that morning. You'll have enough to worry about. (Hair, makeup, nails, and a million other little things.) If it's an evening wedding, I think you could do something pretty easily!!

How about making biscotti ahead of time. Serve it with fresh fruit, and some coffee or tea. Biscotti is so crunchy, it's going to stay fresh for quite a while!!! You could make it earlier in the week. OR...how about muffins. They're pretty quick to whip up and your home would smell wonderful!! There have also been some wonderful coffee cakes discussed in here just recently. They're pretty easy to throw together too.

Regardless, you don't want to cause yourself any additional unneeded stress!! You want to enjoy this day!!!! I remember being at out local mall the day I got married with my best friend. People were telling me that I made THEM nervous?!? Huh?? I'm fine! Things were in control...and I was having fun with my best buddy.

greysangel
09-27-2001, 12:41 PM
just kidding...well kind of :D

I suppose it depends how late your wedding is. You do *not* want to plan on having to do ANYTHING on the day of your wedding. It is an extremely emotional, stressful, exciting, wonderful, crazy day! If you feel you have to do something, go out. A better idea would be to do a breakfast either the day before or when you get back from your honeymoon...a sort of "recapture the day" and "thank you" at the same time.

I was just married 1.5 years ago and it was a small wedding...still a lot of things come up at the last minute..trust me! I had my stubborn hand in everything, even helping the caterer the night before and though everything was fabulous, even the night before was too much to be doing!

JeAnne

Molli526
09-27-2001, 12:46 PM
Ok, maybe I had a moment of insanity when I wrote that. The wedding is at 4p, but we will be decorating the hall for about an hour in the morning, before hair and make- up etc. Thanks for your ideas but I think I will just go to the family restaurant down the street and be done with it!

Jodi
09-27-2001, 12:51 PM
Hi Molli,

I think you made the right decision. I just got married in April and thought I'd do the same thing. I made muffins throughout the week prior to the wedding and froze them and had planned to make my old standby (Farmer's Casserole) as well as a fruit salad that morning. You just never know how haywire things are going to get, no matter how much time you give yourself. It was one things after the other the morning of my wedding (no one took the muffins out of the freezer, miscommunication about who was going to the farmer's market for the fruit, you get the idea), and we ended up sending my dad to McDonald's for Egg McMuffins. Not quite the homemade feast I had in mind, but it did make for great pictures!!

Congrats and best wishes to you -- relax and ENJOY!!
Jodi

Lynne1975
09-27-2001, 02:04 PM
I don't think you're crazy at all. My cousin made us waffles the morning of her wedding. We were all so excited, we were up at the crack of dawn, so it didn't cut into our prep time. But if you're going out for b-fast, maybe you could make some biscotti anyway, to snack on while you're primping. I've been a bridesmaid 4 times and always work up an appetite long before the reception!! Best wishes to you!

Mandy
09-27-2001, 02:52 PM
I would just plan on seeing how you feel. Maybe you could plan for all of your bridesmaids to come over in the morning, but as far as cooking goes, see how you feel. If like Lynne1975 said, you can't sleep and wake up early and feel like making waffles, then do it! But have a back up plan. Get a bunch of bagels and cream cheese from your local favoriate, then make a big pot of coffee, and have some O.J. Then buy a pre-made fruit salad. You don't need any un-do stress the day of your wedding. The day goes by SO fast, enjoy it!