PDA

View Full Version : Weight Training Video

Darlin
10-30-2001, 05:37 PM
Can anyone recommend a good weight training video for a beginner? I haven't been able to find ANY videos. I've looked at Costco, Fred Meyer, Target - stores like that. Any suggestions?

NydiaC
10-31-2001, 07:18 AM
Kathy Smith has a video from her Timesaver series called Lift Weights to Lose Weight. (She also has a book with the same title.) I have it and have been using it for quite a while. I really like it. There are 2 20-minute workouts, one for upper body, one for lower body, and a 7 min abs workout. She has a system she's incorporated into the workouts which she calls the "Dual Track System". This means that there is instruction for both low reps and heavy weights as well as high reps and lighter weights in the same workout. The workouts are fast and easy to follow, but effective. You will really feel it. I got mine at Target for under $10.

Here is a link to the video on Amazon.com. It got good reviews there too.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1573303593/qid=1004533777/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_15_1/103-5205662-8576620

ewatkins
11-01-2001, 01:29 PM
I found that the Kathy Smith one went way too fast for a beginner, although she has a new book out that is excellent --lots of pictures and explanations, plus plans for a workout schedule. I also got a video in the series of everything "For Dummies" with the yellow cover. It was Weight lifting for Dummies or something similar and it was actually pretty good.