PDA

View Full Version : recipe for peanut butter cookies

vbak
12-20-2001, 06:00 PM
I know, it sounds like cooking 099, but the last time I made peanutbutter cookies they were absolutely flat. My grandson was'helping' me, but I am afraid to try the same recipe again. I am going to make peanutbutter cookies with a Reese's peanitbutter cup pressed into the warm cookie. These are so delicious. If anyone can help I would certainly appreciate it. TIA. Vicky

BlueMoose
12-20-2001, 06:02 PM
* Exported from MasterCook *

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 36 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
36 Hershey's Kisses -- unwrapped
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
granulated sugar

Heat oven to 375 F. Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Cool completely.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

vbak
12-20-2001, 06:06 PM
Bluemoose you are fast! Thank you. Vicky

Mamasue
12-20-2001, 06:44 PM
This recipe is the best of Cook's Illustrated. I eliminated the nutrional info because you just don't want to know! These are Yummy!

Super-Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies

Recipe By :Victoria Abbott Ricardi, writer for Cook's Illustrated
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cookies/Bars

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound butter
1 cup dark brown sugar -- packed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup peanut butter, extra chunky -- preferably Jif
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup peanuts, roasted salted -- *see Note

* Note: grind peanuts in food processor to resemble bread crumbs, about 14 pulses (about 1 cup, packed)

Adjust oven rack to low center position; heat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl.

In a bowl of electric mixer or by hand, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes with electric mixer, stopping to scrape down bowl as necessary. Beat in peanut butter until fully incorporated, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Gently stir dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture. Add ground peanuts; stir gently until just incorporated.

Working with 2 tablespoons dough at a time, roll into large balls, placing them 2 inches apart on a parchment-covered cookie sheet. Press each dough ball with back of dinner fork dipped in cold water to make criss-cross design. Bake until cookies are puffed and slightly brown along edges, but not top, 10 to 12 minutes (they will not look fully baked). Cook cookies on cookie sheet until set, about 4 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Cookies will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 7 days.

Comments: Bringing the butter, peanut butter, and eggs to room temperature makes it easier to blend the ingredients. Be sure to grind the peanuts, since while, and even chopped peanuts tend to slip out of the dough. If using unsalted butter, increase salt to 1 teaspoon. Keep finished cookies refrigerated in airtight container. To restore just-baked chewiness, wrap a cookie in a sheet of paper towel and microwave for approximately 25 seconds. Cook before serving.

Why Jif brand over other brands?.....Dough quite thick with a slightly grainy texture. Cookies browned the best and had a rich, toasted peanut flavor. Only peanut butter without cottonseed oil. Perhaps molasses contributed to browning and richness.

Source:
"March/April 1998"
Yield:
"3 dozen"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Delicious!! The pefect and best yet! (4/29/00)

DIANE T
12-20-2001, 10:10 PM
EASY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 C. SUGAR

1 C. PEANUT BUTTER

1 EGG

BEAT WITH ELECTRIC MIXER, ROLL INTO BALLS, FLATTEN WITH A FORK DIPPED IN FLOUR. BAKE AT 350 8 - 10 MIN.

THESE ARE GREAT TO MAKE WITH KIDS.

Linda in MO
12-21-2001, 07:34 AM
I'm making these today...

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE CUPS

Recipe By : LAND O LAKES
Categories : Cookies

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup LAND O LAKESŪ Butter -- softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package miniature peanut butter cups -- (13-ounce)
unwrapped

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray miniature muffin pan with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.

Combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (1 to 2 minutes). Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed (1 minute). Reduce speed to low; add flour, baking soda and salt. Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place each ball into prepared miniature muffin cup. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned.

Remove from oven; press peanut butter cup in center of each cookie. Let cool 30 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.

Yield: 4 dozen cookies

NOTES : Kids will love these peanut butter cookie cups that are filled with peanut butter candies.

Preparation 20 min.
Baking 11 min.
Cooling 30 min.

And these are my old standby. I suppose you could use the mini Reese's cups for these instead of the Kisses.

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

Recipe By :
Categories : Cookies/Brownies

2 cups creamy peanut butter (1 lb. 2 oz. jar)
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs
36 Hershey kisses (from a 9 oz. bag), approx.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Stir peanut buter, sugar and eggs in a bowl until blended (it will be sticky).

With floured hands (I use a greased cookie scoop), roll slightly heaping tablespoonfuls into 1 1/4 inch balls (they can be bigger). Place 1 1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 12 to 15 minutes until cookies look dry and tops are crackled (don't over-cook).

Meanwhile, unwrap Hershey's kisses.

Remove from oven and immediately press a Kiss in center of each. Cool on cookie sheet 1 to 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool.

Store airtight in one layer up to 3 weeks. Not that they've ever lasted that long!

Makes 3-4 dozen

NOTES : There is NO flour in this recipe.

AD
12-21-2001, 09:27 AM
Although I have never made it myself, this recipe comes from an old 1991 CL. They look like little balls in the picture, much puffier than others I have seen. I'm sure you could put the candy on them as you would any cookies.

3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, stirring until well-blended. Cover and chill dough 1 hour.

Shape dough into 48 balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen cookies (48 calories each, 1.9 g. fat).