PDA

View Full Version : looking for

vbak
12-26-2001, 08:32 AM
As I was going through the old threads, I came across mention of a mostoccioli spinach bake. I did a search and i can't find a recipe. Does anyone have this recipe? It is an old CL. Thanks. Vicky

Zinnia
12-26-2001, 08:49 AM
Here you go Vicky!
:) Zinnia

http://www.cookinglight.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15047&highlight=mostaccioli+spinach+bake

vbak
12-26-2001, 08:58 AM
Zinnia, TY. And I asked for that recipe back in Oct.:o !!! I think it is called a Sr. moment. Thanks. Vicky I didn't hyphenate the recipe title in my search. That could be why I didn't find it.

Gracie
12-26-2001, 09:34 AM
This sounds very similar to my favorite almost-fat-free macaroni and cheese recipe to which I add spinach:

1 pound macaroni (any shape) - cooked and drained
16 oz fat free sour cream
16 oz fat free cottage cheese
2 10-oz bars of reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded finely
2 10-oz packages of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or a 1 lb. package of fresh spinach, torn into small pieces
1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs

Cook macaroni and drain well. Set aside. Combine sour cream, cottage cheese and finely shredded cheddar and mix well. Mixing well is a key to success with this recipe. Add chopped/torn spinach and mix well again. Add cooked macaroni and mix very well again. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top.

put into a 13x9 pan coated with nonstick spray. Bake at 350 covered with foil for an hour. Take off foil and bake another 15 minutes.

This is really a wonderful recipe that does not taste almost fat free. I've brought it to pot lucks at work and everyone loves it.

Enjoy!

Loren

Zinnia
12-26-2001, 10:12 AM
You're welcome, Vicky! Sorry it took so long for you to get the recipe...Let me know if you like it-it sounds good!
:) Zinnia