PDA

View Full Version : I've got lobster tails...now what?

NancyR
12-31-2001, 10:20 AM
I just found 4 small lobster tails in my freezer (don't ask...I am SO disorganized). Would love to fix them tonight but I am seafood impaired. Do you have a favorite/easy way to prepare lobster )hot please, cold seafood grosses me out).
Thanks lots, Happy New Year all!

Grace
12-31-2001, 10:40 AM
The July issue of CL had a whole section on lobster. Do you have that issue? Here is one of the recipes:

CookWare(tm) from Cooking Light(r)

Stuffed Lobster

SOURCE: Cooking Light YEAR: July 2001 PAGE: 117

INGREDIENTS FOR 4 SERVINGS:
4 (1-1/4-pound) lobsters, cooked
2 cups crushed reduced-fat round buttery crackers (such as Ritz)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese
2-1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 lemon wedges

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat broiler.

2. Remove the meat from the cooked lobster tail and claws; chop meat. Set lobster tail shells aside. Combine the lobster, crackers, and the next 5 ingredients (crackers through Worcestershire sauce) in a large bowl. Divide the lobster mixture evenly among tail shells. Broil the stuffed lobster tails 8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed lobster tail and 1 lemon wedge).

Note: You can also use 6 frozen lobster tails, cooked, for this recipe, reserving just 4 of the tails to stuff.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
CALORIES 379 (37% from fat); FAT 15.5g (sat 7.6g, mono 5.5g, poly 1.7g); PROTEIN 25.9g; CARB 30.7g; FIBER 0.1g; CHOL 95mg; IRON 2.1mg; SODIUM 990mg; CALC 243mg

Barrie
12-31-2001, 10:43 AM
Alton Brown made stuffed lobster tails on Good Eats last week. I'm not a lobster fan, but it looked pretty tasty! Here's the link: http://foodtv.com/foodtv/recipe/0,6255,16443,00.html

(I hope the link works - never inserted one into a post before :confused: )

Ralph
12-31-2001, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Barrie
(I hope the link works - never inserted one into a post before :confused: )

Worked just fine, Barrie. I saw the repeat of that show last night & I was thinking of posting the same link! Happy New Year!