PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Salad

Joyce
10-17-2000, 07:05 PM
Had my biggest upset of the day. Thought I would try the cherry salad (10/00). While eating it, I was thinking what a rich tasting large portion one got for 170 calories. I glanced at the can of fat free condensed milk and realized that at 1110 cal. per can, just the milk divided by six portions was over 170 calories. When I pulled all the cans and cool whip together and added it up, it came to a whopping 400 calories per person!!! I now will go up and walk 20 miles on the treadmill!!!

Susann
10-17-2000, 08:07 PM
I feel your pain, Joyce. I found a recipe for Starbuck's Frappacinos using f free condensed milk and I was making them every day until the sad day when I saw the calorie count. Ouch!

JJeannette
10-17-2000, 08:17 PM
Joyce, there was a dicussion on a weight watcher's board about this same recipe. One poster checked with CL and it was discovered that there had been an error made in figuring the calories---the numbers given were for the "12" servings rather than the 6. Even then you still have a decent serving! So just cut your serving in half and get back to enjoying it.

Joyce
10-17-2000, 08:45 PM
Although the recipe is good, there are many other recipes I have tried which are better and less calories. I doubt I will make this again,although I certainly would recommend it for convenience, since all the ingredients can easily be kept on hand.