PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

onnaday12
02-12-2002, 03:08 PM
:confused: helloeveryone,
I think I goofed I"m lookin for some help for a recipe.
Does any one have a recipe for soft pretzels??
I know I'm new here and am trying to pass along my ideas and thoughts, so I'm hoping someone will help me. thanks if I messed up by pushing the poll button. I'm looking for a soft pretzel recipe without using a bread machine. thank for any help.
sorry for any misunderstanding.:) please help!!

sushibones
02-12-2002, 03:31 PM
I don't have a recipe or a bread machine, but here is a thread about using bread machine recipes:

http://www.cookinglight.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4474&highlight=bread+machine

On your other thread there seem to be more requests for recipes than actual recipes, so maybe the right person hasn't read the thread yet. I don't think acidentally posting as a poll has made anyone shun you—we're actually a pretty friendly bunch here.

Twenty or so years ago, a Newcomer's group I was with made soft pretzels as a fundraiser at a County Fair. They were quite involved since you had to boil them for while in water that had baking soda in it. Then you bake them. I seem to remember them being really good, and I may still have the recipe buried somewhere if you would like me to look. It was a lot of work, so I never tried making them again.

Also, imagine a booth at a fair; now imaging trying to make pretzels in an electric skillet and a toaster oven, all the while selling and making change. And you have to change the water in the skillet periodically as well. There must have been easier ways to make money.