PDA

View Full Version : I julienned a zucchini, now what?

Robyncz
04-03-2002, 03:30 PM
So I discovered this funny little blade for my food processor, and I had no idea what it did. To find out, I processed a zucchini and it turns out it's a teeny-weeny julienne blade. Now I have a julienned zucchini. The pieces are bigger than grated but smaller than a McDonalds french fry.

Any suggestions as to what I can do with it? The little strips are so cute, it would be a shame to throw them away!

lisas3575
04-03-2002, 03:35 PM
Sushi!!! :D

greysangel
04-03-2002, 03:43 PM
quick asian noodle stir fry!

fajitas!

JeAnne

jphilg
04-03-2002, 05:01 PM
Steam, season with lemon, salt and pepper, and use as a bed for grilled/steamed fish/shrimp....

Robyncz
04-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Great suggestions, all of you. Thanks. But I was limited to the ingredients I had on hand, and let me tell you--there's not much in the old fridge this evening!

Here's what I'm doing (at DH's suggestion--go figure!?!).

I sauteed some chopped onion and garlic then added the zucchini matchsticks. I seasoned with basil, oregano and then I added some uncooked rice, water, and a little bit of wine. When the rice is done, I'll toss it with a little grated parmesan and season to taste with a little salt and pepper. We'll see how it comes out!

SusanT
04-03-2002, 05:29 PM
If you have a copy of Moosewood Cooks at Home, they have a recipe for Shredded Zuccini that would work for your julienne.

sassysu3
04-03-2002, 05:32 PM
:) Robyncz...sounds like you've come up with something yummy. I've also julienned some zucchini and am following a suggestion made on another thread, by also shredding carrots, steaming both, then adding some pesto that I have on hand.
Have a good meal!
sassysu3

Gracie
04-04-2002, 07:17 AM
Robincz - I have that same funny food processor blade. I actually have a small one and a big one. Did you cut your zucchini in any special way before you put it in the processor? Did you get the matchsticks right away or did you have to put the zucchini through twice?

Thanks,

Loren