PDA

View Full Version : Rev: Turkey Marsala 5/02

RD chef
05-16-2002, 09:47 AM
This was a good dish and very easy. I did use chicken breasts instead of turkey cutlets because that's what I had on hand. The only other think I did differently was add more garlic (of course!) ;) An easy, elegant dish to put together for a weeknight meal.

Gwendolyn
05-16-2002, 11:27 AM
Thanks for this review! I have this on the menu for dinner tonight, and you're the first reviewer I've seen. I'm glad to hear that it will be good.

valchemist
05-16-2002, 11:34 AM
here is another review.

http://community.cookinglight.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24070&highlight=Turkey+Marsala

RD chef
05-16-2002, 12:18 PM
I was suprised to read the other reviewer thought it to be bland. Like I mentioned, I did add more garlic...and come to think of it, a little more salt. I think a good marsala wine has so much flavor. Then again I had a glass of chardonnay while cooking - maybe I let the chef marinate to long. :D

valchemist
05-16-2002, 12:24 PM
don't second guess yourself RDChef!

that's what this board is all about. lots of opinions and lots of different tastes.

val

Gwendolyn
05-16-2002, 01:00 PM
Well, I'm making this tonight. I'll post on the results tomorrow. Now I'm curious as to how mine will turn out.

Gwendolyn
05-17-2002, 08:29 AM
Ok, I know I promised a review of this today, but I ended up not making the dish. Once I got home, I just wasn't in the mood for turkey marsala. I used the mushrooms reserved for the marsala (and some spinach, feta, and cous cous I had on hand) to make the baked cous cous (from another thread). I froze the turkey for another time. I ALWAYS stick to my meal plan, so this was a new experience for me. It felt positively daring! :D