PDA

View Full Version : No more pop-up ads...!!

SusanL
06-01-2002, 04:14 AM
our local NBC News show had a report on a free no pop-up ads last night. I downloaded it this morning and will let you know how well it works. We know how annoying they are. You can download the free version or pay for one, I tried the free one. I hope that it works!! Here is the site
http://www.nbc10.com/money2/1486465/detail.html

valchemist
06-01-2002, 06:53 AM
thanks susan. I just downloaded it too. I'll try to remember to report back. I would go to a site now where I know there are a lot of pop up ads, but I think you have to reboot your computer before the thing starts to work.

valchemist
06-01-2002, 07:13 AM
well, I just had to reboot my computer because it died on me for some reason.

so I went to a site that is a common offender when it comes to popup ads.

and...

it didn't work. boo. :(

Wendy w
06-01-2002, 09:17 AM
Thank you Susan! I just downloaded it too. I'll let you know how it works. I think that the most annoying of all was that Tums pop up on Epicurious. Given their upscale image, I was wondering how they could allow something so classless.:rolleyes:

AzAnne
06-01-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Wendy w
Tums pop up on Epicurious.

Advertising an anti-acid on a food site :confused: Maybe it's just me but I would think twice about their recipes if I wasn't familiar with Epicurious :rolleyes:

Sorta like ads for Dr. Scholls at the Foot Locker, Lice Shampoo at the beauty salon, etc. :p

SusanL
06-02-2002, 12:26 AM
I haven't gotten one yet!!

valchemist
06-02-2002, 06:56 AM
my favorite weather site (because it has great radar loops so I can monitor the progress of approaching rain) is www.intellicast.com .

they have pop up ads. so that is where I went to check to see if the blocking thing worked. and it didn't work for me.

can you go to that site, susan, and check it out? type in your zip code to get the weather/radar for your area.

val

maizeyoats
06-02-2002, 12:04 PM
I think it might be working for me. HOORAY!!!
but I'll let you know if it doesn't.

SusanL
06-02-2002, 05:48 PM
I didn't get one on your site!! Wonder why yours isn't working??? :(
Don't know how long it will work but probably something else will happen instead, just my luck!!

little_bopeep
06-05-2002, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the tip, SusanL...seems to be working great. Even DH (who isn't impressed with anything that isn't his idea) is impressed. :p

yet another Susan