PDA

View Full Version : review: graham cracker/pecan popcorn

JulieAnn
11-11-2000, 10:40 AM
We made this last night, and I was planning on giving a semi-favorable review. But since I woke up this morning I haven't been able to stop snacking on it so I better alter my review! First of all I tend to like chewier consistency in my caramel-like popcorn and this popcorn is definitely very crunchy. I doubled the popcorn and sauce amount. Ten cups was a laughable amount of popcorn in my household! And I did not bake the popcorn at all. To me it was already hard enough. I love the flavor of the Teddy Grahams with the popcorn. One more thing the pecans all fell to the bottom so next time (as I keep eating I think there will be a next time) I'll put the pecans in the sauce right before adding it to the popcorn. Hope this review is helpful.

claire
11-12-2000, 08:01 PM
Julieann-when you made this did you feel like you had enough sauce to cover the popcorn? I made this last night and did not think I had enough of the sugar sauce to cover the popcorn. (At least to my liking, anyway.) My sauce was extremly thick (I think I cooked it a touch too long) and it was hard to "drizzle" over the popcorn. Only about 10-20% of each piece of popcorn seemed to be covered in sauce. Normally, when I made caramel corn each popcorn piece is covered almost completely with sauce. However, I really did like the overall flavor, especially with the grahams and pecans.

JulieAnn
11-12-2000, 08:25 PM
Claire, I also didn't feel like there was enough sauce. but I have to add I couldn't find my candy thermometer so I eye-balled it and might have overcooked it a little bit. I cooked mine about 5 minutes. It was too thick to drizzle and hardened just about as soon as it hit the popcorn. Maybe it needs more butter to thin it out or a little evaporated milk.