PDA

View Full Version : In need of gift recommendation for vet

aggie94
06-14-2002, 08:23 AM
I know there are lots of creative minds out there. Our vet for the past 6 years in Eugene has been wonderful. He's been so great with us and with all our animals, and we'll miss him dearly. I'd really like to do something for both him and his office to show our appreciation, both for what they did for Casey and for everything else they've done over the last 6 years. Can anyone help with some ideas? For his office/staff, I was thinking of some sort of food basket (but I'm not sure what kind, and I'm not set on that idea if someone has other suggestions), but I haven't a clue what to get for him separately. I'd like it to be something tangible that he can keep around to remember us and our pets by, not food or flowers or a gift certificate or anything like that. We don't really know him well socially, but his bio on the clinic's website lists some of his hobbies (soccer, snowboarding, wildlife rehab, home improvement), and he does have pets of his own.

Help??

Peggy C.
06-14-2002, 08:34 AM
For the vet himself, how about a donation in his name to a wildlife rehab organization. I know it isn't exactly tangible, but it would be personal.

How many people are on his staff? Would having lunch sent in to the office be possible?

just a couple of ideas...

(I'm very sorry about Casey, she looked like a little sweetie!)

pammy
06-14-2002, 09:14 AM
First off, I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how difficult this time is for you and your husband, and you have my condolences.

A donation to a wildlife rehab org is a good idea, one along the same lines is to endow a kennel in your vet's name at a local animal shelter. You could probably ask that the nameplate say something along the lines of "For Dr. So&So/staff in appreciation for their loving care of Casey".