PDA

View Full Version : Theme for progressive dinner party?

KarenNC
06-20-2002, 12:37 AM
October 26, 2002 is the date set for a casual progressive dinner party for a social cotillion group. I am on the social committe and would be appreciative of some theme ideas from the cooking light readers.
The meal and courses will be plan with 3 or 4 homes participating within walking distance of each other in a golf club community. Hopefully the weather will permit outside dining. Eastern North Carolina is usually very pleasant in October that is if the hurricanes co-operate.
(We do not want a Halloween or hurricane theme) Hurricane would be bad mojo.
FYI--Group age ranges from 40-58 yrs of old. Everyone has a great time at parties. (Total members 50 couples)
I am thinking cocktails, salad or appetizer, meal and dessert.
Thank you for any input!!
:)

magdon
06-22-2002, 01:36 AM
Wow, that's a lot of people! Have you done this before? What kind of themes did you use?

KarenNC
06-28-2002, 01:05 PM
Magdon,
The club has been existing for 20 years. We have had many parties.
Themes: Beach Weekends, Golf/Tennis weekend in Pinehurst, Derby Party, Greek Games, Hay ride/pumpkin carving contest (Oct), Country Western/Band, Wine tasting and dinner party etc. Although we have 50 couples, about 60% usually attend any particular party. (2 parties and business meeting a yr)(Parties are casual or dressy casual never formal)
(sorry my response is late...computer was down for a while)

DmOrtega
06-28-2002, 06:49 PM
How about a "Fall" theme, to welcome in the season, maybe using only foods that are grown locally. I bet it's really pretty there in the fall.

KarenNC
06-28-2002, 08:40 PM
DmOrtega,
Thank you for your suggestion. Yes NC is pretty in the Fall with the leaves changing orange/yellow/red. Of course, we have 4 seasons and enjoy them all.

magdon
06-29-2002, 12:13 PM
A harvest theme would be lovely. Or what about Provencal or more generally mediterranean?

I hate to suggest this, but you might also try posting on the Great Food Forum. You'll probably get tons of responses.

Let us know what you decide?