PDA

View Full Version : Have a giggle on me!

yorkshirepud
08-07-2002, 12:35 PM
Okay, so there I am making a chocolate milk smoothie ... I'm blending away and think I should probably test it to make sure I put enough Hershey Brown Cow syrup in. So, what do I do? ;) Rather than be ladylike and take a spoon, scoop and taste, I decide to be a pig :D and just raise the blender jug to my mouth. As I tip it, I notice it's a little thick and not sliding down as one would expect. I mentally think to myself that if I'm not careful, this is going to plop down on my face. Right on cue as I'm eyeing up the chocolate mixture, it decides to slide full pelt down the jug right over my face and counter! :o :D

Just thought I would share for some Wednesday afternoon giggles.

Now off to drink what's left of my chocolate milk smoothie!
YP

lhall
08-07-2002, 12:38 PM
ROTFLMAO!

YP, I saw that coming. Too funny, and I definately needed the laugh.

Leigh
p.s. sounds like something I would do too...

pbchipses
08-07-2002, 12:41 PM
Hehehe... I hope your milkshake at least tasted good! :)

Angela
08-07-2002, 01:01 PM
hehehe...too funny!!! I hope it was worth it!

yorkshirepud
08-07-2002, 01:07 PM
Glad to provide the laugh! ;)

And yes it was worth it, and as it turns out, it did need more bloody chocolate syrup! :rolleyes:

ebobbitt
08-07-2002, 01:31 PM
I am so sorry I'm laughing at your expense but the mental picture is just too much! :D

buffygirl
08-07-2002, 01:44 PM
YP,

Would you mind telling me how you make your smoothie? I'm trying to break my well-documented frappuccino habit.:o

TIA
Kim

yorkshirepud
08-07-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by ebobbitt
I am so sorry I'm laughing at your expense but the mental picture is just too much! :D

Don't be sorry ... I don't mind being the scape goat if it brings a laugh to someone! :) :D

What's odd is I never got a drop on myself! Well, except my face of course! :rolleyes:

yorkshirepud
08-07-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by buffygirl
YP,

Would you mind telling me how you make your smoothie? I'm trying to break my well-documented frappuccino habit.:o

TIA
Kim

Sure. But there really is nothing to it. I take about 5 ice cubes, cover it with milk (sometimes half milk and half yogurt), then I add chocolate syprup to taste.

If you like coffee smoothies, Nestle has a great product out called Nestle Ice ... its a coffee syrup. I just make the smoothie the same as above with this. Oh, and I generally add maybe 1 tsp sugar. It's delicious. Plus, much cheaper than starbucks!

JaneStarr
08-07-2002, 01:54 PM
Not that it's the same as a milk shake or anything, but I sometimes like to make an Alba Chocolate smoothie. It used to be called "Alba '77". The mix comes in packets in a box usually near the powdered milk or cocoa mixes. It's hard to find. I think it's around 77 calories (hence the old name) and 0 fat with a bit of fiber. You make it with ice and ice water in a blender. I'm a lifetime Weight Watcher member, so I know this counts as one WW point and has a full serving of calcuim in it. It is also good made with skim milk instead of water.

This helps me with my chocolate cravings when I'm trying to be extra good.

If you like capucchino flavor, I have a cool weather drink suggestion:

Mix a packet of hot cocoa (I like Swiss Miss Lite w/ the extra calcium) with hot coffee instead of water. I also like to add a little squirt of canned, RF "whippo" like Redi-whip lite.

Jane

JaneStarr
08-07-2002, 01:56 PM
Maybe Kim would like this. I really don't like the "instant coffee flavor", but it wasn't too pronounced.

Jane
* Exported from MasterCook *

Iced Cappuccino Mix

Recipe By :Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking -- Am. Diabetes Assoc., 2000
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup powdered coffee creamer -- fat-free vanilla flavor
or
1/2 cup Coffee-Mate FF Hazelnut Non-dairy Creamer -- Jane's idea
1/3 cup instant coffee granules -- reg or decaf
1/3 cup nonfat milk, dry -- instant
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons dutch-process cocoa powder

To make up Mix:

Combine all mix ingredients in a blender and pulse several times until finely powdered and well blended.

Jane's notes:
1) No need to buy "instant" kind of skim milk powder since it becomes "instant" the moment it is whirled in the blender.
2) For easier clean-up, I'd try to use my hand-blender or mini "short-cut" food processor.
3) I love hazelnut-flavored coffee, so that is the kind of ff coffee creamer that I have in the house. That's what I'll use

To Prepare a single serving:
Combine 1/2 cup of cold skim milk and 2 tablespoons of the mix in blender, whirl until smooth. Add 6 to 8 ice cubes and pulse until thick and creamy.

Nutritional info from Magazine for a single serving:
114 cals, 0 g. fat, 1 g. fiber, 297 mg calcium = 2 WW points
I would also count this as a "milk serving"

Description:
"For Iced Cappuccino Smoothies"
Source:
"Weight Watchers Magazine: Jan/Feb 2001"
S(Freezer-Friendly Light Mailing List):
""
Yield:
"16 Tablespoons"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 79 Calories; trace Fat (3.4% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 29mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : -33339 0 2130706543 0 0 0 0

Iced Cappuccino Mix -- single serving: rescaled

Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 tablespoon powdered coffee creamer -- fat-free vanilla flavor
or
1 tablespoon Coffee-Mate FF Hazelnut Non-dairy Creamer -- Jane's idea
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules -- reg or decaf
2 teaspoons nonfat milk, dry -- instant
1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon dutch-process cocoa powder

To make up Mix:

Combine all mix ingredients in a blender and pulse several times until finely powdered and well blended.

Jane's notes:
1) No need to buy "instant" kind of skim milk powder since it becomes "instant" the moment it is whirled in the blender.
2) For easier clean-up, I'd try to use my hand-blender or mini "short-cut" food processor.
3) I love hazelnut-flavored coffee, so that is the kind of ff coffee creamer that I have in the house. That's what I'll use

To Prepare a single serving:
Combine 1/2 cup of cold skim milk and 2 tablespoons of the mix in blender, whirl until smooth. Add 6 to 8 ice cubes and pulse until thick and creamy.

Description:
"For Iced Cappuccino Smoothies"
Source:
""
Yield:
"2 tablespoons"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 79 Calories; trace Fat (3.4% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 29mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : -33339 0 2130706543 0 0 0 0

Iced Cappuccino Smoothie -- 2 pts

Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2 tablespoons Iced Cappuccino Mix
1/2 cup skim milk -- cold
6 ice cubes -- 6 to 8

Description:
"From a homemade mix"
Source:
""
Yield:
"1 1/2 cups"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 122 Calories; 1g Fat (3.9% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0

buffygirl
08-07-2002, 02:09 PM
Thanks YP and Jane! I'm going to try both of these things. (JeAnne, if you are lurking, no, I'm not trying them both at the same time:D Just a little WW humor there).

Kim

schuh
08-07-2002, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the chuckle! I could envision myself doing the same thing.