PDA

View Full Version : Attention Canadian CL buyers

Terri-Lynn
08-28-2002, 10:40 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know that i saw Cooking Light on sale at Costco last week for the first time. It was last months issue which I had already bought, so I am heading over there today to see if September is out yet.

It was $4.40 so that is giving us canadians some break on the $5.50 cover price.

Just thought I would pass it along since I am sure that they have just started carrying them.

Terri

kima
08-28-2002, 11:18 AM
Thanks for sharing that with us Terri! Unfortunately I don't belong to Costco and it is a long way from where I live.I think we have alot of other Costco shoppers here so hope they read your post!:)
Nice to hear from you again BTW!:D

Terri-Lynn
08-29-2002, 10:12 AM
Thanks Kima,

After a long break and some rocky times it is time to get back into the kitchen and rejoin the BB world. Boy have I missed it, it truly does make me a happier person when I frequent the boards.

Terri

Jen
08-31-2002, 12:42 PM
Hi Terri-Lynn,

Thanks so much for letting us know!! I've always been frustrated that Costco didn't carry CL. I've already bought September, but I'll definitely check out Costco for next month's issue.

What Costco do you go to, by the way? I go both to the Production/Gaglardi one, and the one on Boundary. Isn't it weird to think that we could pass each other in Costco all the time and not even know it?!

Actually, I do have a funny story about that...I've been working with one of my coworkers for 6 years, and we know each other very well by now. She has a very close friend that has two kids, and they had a series of problems with the kids (1st kid had severe burns, then 2nd was born with some heart problems and needed major surgery, etc.), and my coworker was so upset about it that she talked about it frequently, so I felt like I knew these people. I'd seen photos of them, but never met them. But I see them in Costco all the time!! Finally I stopped them one day and said "You're xxx's friends, right?" and they looked at me like I'm some kind of psycho...I'm sure they went back and told her about her crazy coworker they met in Costco!!

Terri-Lynn
09-01-2002, 06:11 PM
Hey Jen,

That if a funny story!! It is always wierd when you feel that you know people that dont know you. In this day and age they probably thought you were some crazy stalker.

I usually go to the Boundary Costco and that is where I got September, I had given up looking for the magazine there since I too always wondered why they didnt carry it. I was leaning against the magazine rack while the kids were looking at the books and what was I leaning my arm on but August's CL. I couldnt believe it!!!

I sometimes frequent the Production way one because we are in the Metrotown area so it is about half way to each. I hate to admit it but I am usually at Costco once a week picking up and dropping off films, embarassing how many kiddie pictures I take!! Maybe I've passed you and not even known it!!

The world gets smaller and smaller on this BB!

Terri

julia
09-02-2002, 09:47 AM
Great news, I'll check out the nearest Costco next month too :)

Natasha
09-03-2002, 07:33 AM
Thanks, Terri-Lynn; I'll try to have a look there next month too. :)

Natasha

Terri-Lynn
09-03-2002, 10:27 AM
I sure hope Costco is as kind to those of you out east, and carries them out there.

It is about time we got a break on the price, the only thing is we might have to be a little stronger and wait a little longer for them to put them out!

Terri